Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted mud flaps - I've just ordered some for our R Line? I presume it's just a matter of taking 2 or 3 screws out then screwing them back through pre drilled holes in each flap? Do any of the wheels need to come off I wonder?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was looking to pose exactly the same question, I did fit some to my arona and that was a couple of acres and clips for the back but needed you to drill some small holes for the fronts. alAlso does anyone have pictures of the mudflaps, I just wanted to make sure there not like dumbos ears before I order some.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. They look very neat, definitely not like "Dumbo's ears". :lol: My only criticism, apart from the price, is the front ones could do with being at least another inch longer to help stop stones being flicked up against the lower painted bodywork. We have an R line so don't have the lower body plastics.

The biggest downside is the fitting. All 4 wheels have to come off and 3/4 holes have to be drilled into the plastic arches/liners for each flap in order to fit the supplied clips. I wasn't rushing, but it took me nearly one and half hours. Would I do it again? Yes for an R line, no for the other models. Or, unlike me, even better, get them supplied and fitted as part of the deal when buying your car.

G

·
TurboTrev said:
Well they arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. They look very neat, definitely not like "Dumbo's ears". :lol: My only criticism, apart from the price, is the front ones could do with being at least another inch longer to help stop stones being flicked up against the lower painted bodywork. We have an R line so don't have the lower body plastics.

The biggest downside is the fitting. All 4 wheels have to come off and 3/4 holes have to be drilled into the plastic arches/liners for each flap in order to fit the supplied clips. I wasn't rushing, but it took me nearly one and half hours. Would I do it again? Yes for an R line, no for the other models. Or, unlike me, even better, get them supplied and fitted as part of the deal when buying your car.
Can you upload some photos of the flaps for us? Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just add to my question above-reason I'm asking because I was thinking of fitting them to mine. But now you have cast doubt as to the practicalities I may not know about before I fit them.
As Buddy requests Trev-can you post pics when you have got time?-I would like to see a closer shot of them please-Thanks in advance.
Regards-Geoff

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to show us-much appreciated.
I see now what you mean about the plastics coverage area being different on an R-Line.
They look very neat, and even look to have been fitted at the manufacturing stage-good job!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks good definatley not big ears. Might see if I can get the dealers to chuck them on without charging for fitting. If not I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi TurboTrev have tried to get mud flaps for my r-line and have been told by dealer that they do not fit. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks hezzi

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hezzi said:
Hi TurboTrev have tried to get mud flaps for my r-line and have been told by dealer that they do not fit. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks hezzi
I just bought the standard genuine T Roc mud flaps from my local VW dealer and they fit my R Line perfectly. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks TurboTrev will get some,don't understand vw parts departments! 👍

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've just read through the accessories brochure and it doesn't mention anything about not fitting any specific trim level. I know when I had my tiguan r line the mud flaps wouldn't fit and checking this still seems to be the case, wonder if the dealer is getting the 2 confused.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
240 Posts
They have just arrived today. They are plastic but feel but don't feel plasticy to the touch and seem reasonable quality. Also come with screws. All I need now is a car to fit them too.

Wood Composite material Hardwood Electric blue Musical instrument accessory

The picture shows one front and one rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
My dealer 'gave' them to me when ordering .. Will be factory fitted, probably in 2022 if some of these delay woes are to be believed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday from VW.. front and back €74.00 + I've been giver a 15% discount of that price = €62.9.. Not as cheap as some on Ebay but I think that the quality and fitting will be better..

1 - 20 of 59 Posts