Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought mine of aliexpress fitted perfectly without having to take the wheels off and they were cheap can't remember the price but they were only a few pounds only problem deliveries can take a while sometimes a few days sometimes a month.

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
shelplec said:
I bought mine of aliexpress fitted perfectly without having to take the wheels off and they were cheap can't remember the price but they were only a few pounds only problem deliveries can take a while sometimes a few days sometimes a month.
Did you not have to drilll holes, and how did you manage that for the rears ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No drilling the holes in the flaps matched up to the to the ones in the wheel arch,did not have to remove wheels just got a short screw adaptor thing that fits the screws and put in mole grips,a bit fiddly but better than taken wheels off,

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
Paul 49 said:
JMMAXOU said:
Hello
Paul can you give us the link for the mudguards
Sorry about delay not sure how to set up a link, they are still on Ebay search "vw t roc mudflaps: they seem to be 1st entry showing as " uk seller" 14.99 all in

Hi Paul. Inserting a link, attaching files or photos and doing fancy formatting can all be done using the Full Editor to compose your post.

Full Editor is invoked either by clicking the 'Post Reply' buttons or the 'Full Editor & Preview' button below the 'Quick Reply' text entry box. It is automatically invoked if you click the 'Reply with quote' button in the header line of each previous post. As your post above appears to have been done using the 'Reply with quote' then you must have already used the Full Editor mode.

In the Full Editor and just above the text entry box, you will find a tool bar with various icons for formatting selected text and among these is an icon showing 2 links of a chain.

Rectangle Grey Font Art Picture frame

If you click that, the editor will insert the necessary control tags "[ url ][ /url ]" between which you can copy and paste (or just type) the URL for your link as shown in the example below. Note: I've added spaces around url and /url above to allow the tags to be displayed, but there are no spaces when entering a link and you just insert the text between the two sets of braces [ ].

Code:
This is an example of a link to Amazon ... [url]https://www.amazon.co.uk[/url]

Attachments

G

·
Paul 49 said:
My brain hurts! Will have a play later , cheers anyway
Impala's explanation makes it a bit more complicated, I basically copy the relevant browser link and paste it straight on and that's it :p

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Paul 49 said:
My brain hurts! Will have a play later , cheers anyway
Impala's explanation makes it a bit more complicated, I basically copy the relevant browser link and paste it straight on and that's it :p
Wow ! Thanks for that tip. :oops: :oops:

I wonder why they bothered to have an icon to insert a special set of tags :eek:

• Love
Reactions: Vernerbongo2
G

·
Impala said:
Wow ! Thanks for that tip. :oops: :oops:
Keeping it simple :p
Impala said:
I wonder why they bothered to have an icon to insert a special set of tags :eek:
I haven't a clue, I don't use any of that section just the attachments/add files part.
The add image is pointless too :p

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi
I think the aftermarket mud flaps look better than the VW original mud flaps. The front is really naff the back mud flap is ok ish.
What do you think?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber

Front flap looks low rent

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Back flap is ok ish?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
Thanks Peterh.

I assume the second photo is the after market flap, and it looks like you have both sets.

The second one certainly looks a better fit and more substantial, but the proof of the pudding is how effective they are and how the fitting compares.

Was fitting one type any easier than the other. And how about keeping the road muck off the sills and doors ?

Any details or links for the source, prices & part numbers for the non-VW ones.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi
No the first picture is the VW front mud flap
and the second picture is the back VW mud flap.
To my eyes they don't match

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
peterh said:
Hi
No the first picture is the VW front mud flap
and the second picture is the back VW mud flap.
To my eyes they don't match
Ah ... so the photos are on opposite sides of the car. Didn't spot that :oops:

G

·
Mine are genuine Volkswagen mud flaps and they don't stand out as much as those for some reason, they look fine 🤔👌

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,903 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Mine are genuine Volkswagen mud flaps and they don't stand out as much as those for some reason, they look fine 🤔👌
Are you sure you fitted them properly? :p :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
406 Posts
twist said:
vernerbongo2 said:
Are you sure you fitted them properly? :p :lol:
VW Dealer Fitted them

41 - 60 of 65 Posts