Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve always liked mudflaps on my motors for both practical and visual reasons so was happy to order them at approx £160 for front & back ones fitted to my new TRoc R.

Sadly the dealer then said the fronts would fit OK but no chance with the backs so couldn’t sort them for me. So, I just purchased them for £103 and fitted them myself.

OK, the rears don’t fit the channels of the trim but with three screws (one underneath) to fasten them on they fit fine in my mind (see pics below). I just secured the fronts with one screw each as they fit nicely onto the trim channel and are secure enough. Plus, with fitting flaps to my motors for nearly 50 years I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s good to have them secure but not rock solid as, if they catch something, I think it’s good they’ll come off reasonably easily rather than damage all the wheel arch trim as well with the pressure.

All screws mentioned are star ones already fixed on the motor so just unscrew them and use to fasten mudflaps on. You”ll need to use a star bit with a pair of pliers to turn it unless you want to take the wheels off but no probs doing that as screws weren’t too tight. Luckily the screws are long enough to still get good grip with the trim (through extra width of flap) so you don’t need longer ones and don’t need to drill any holes and use the extra screws that come with the flaps.

Finally, flaps are the standard TRoc ones which I think fit the Style fine but might supposedly have an issue with the R-Line as well as the R etc.

Pics fitted:-

Front
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Camera lens

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Rear
Tire Car Wheel Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1.5tsi eco r-line white silver
15 Posts
I’ve always liked mudflaps on my motors for both practical and visual reasons so was happy to order them at approx £160 for front & back ones fitted to my new TRoc R.

Sadly the dealer then said the fronts would fit OK but no chance with the backs so couldn’t sort them for me. So, I just purchased them for £103 and fitted them myself.

OK, the rears don’t fit the channels of the trim but with three screws (one underneath) to fasten them on they fit fine in my mind (see pics below). I just secured the fronts with one screw each as they fit nicely onto the trim channel and are secure enough. Plus, with fitting flaps to my motors for nearly 50 years I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s good to have them secure but not rock solid as, if they catch something, I think it’s good they’ll come off reasonably easily rather than damage all the wheel arch trim as well with the pressure.

All screws mentioned are star ones already fixed on the motor so just unscrew them and use to fasten mudflaps on. You”ll need to use a star bit with a pair of pliers to turn it unless you want to take the wheels off but no probs doing that as screws weren’t too tight. Luckily the screws are long enough to still get good grip with the trim (through extra width of flap) so you don’t need longer ones and don’t need to drill any holes and use the extra screws that come with the flaps.

Finally, flaps are the standard TRoc ones which I think fit the Style fine but might supposedly have an issue with the R-Line as well as the R etc.

Front
View attachment 4424
View attachment 4423

Rear
View attachment 4425
View attachment 4427
View attachment 4426
These are the ones i fitted to my r line, great price &quality

Musical instrument Dress Wood Font Musical instrument accessory

Front
View attachment 4424
View attachment 4423

Rear
View attachment 4425
View attachment 4427
View attachment 4426

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice grubber + I like the way they overlap the wheel arch at the back.
Should’ve put those on mine & saved some money as well 👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the eBay mud flaps they look a lot sturdier than the VW ones.
Does anyone know if eBay mud flaps for 2017 - 2021 model T Roc will fit the 2022 facelift version T Roc?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would think so it’s not that much different.
I was sat in one today having a look.
now I’m not knocking it if you’ve just bought one I think the new dash plastic possibly looks better than the previous plastic. But then they are the same door cards as the pre face lift so you’ve got new and old which I think is worse.
also for some strange reason the interior felt - looked smaller than the old on to me??!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts