Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all. I've got a three week old T-Roc 1.0 SE and quite frankly, I'm very disappointed so far. I've had several issues with driver assist features and even my Windscreen Wipers.
The EPC light came on and the Start Stop just switched off for no apparent reason. This didn't work for about 3 days before suddenly working again as the EPC light disappeared.
This morning, I was driving my boys home along the motorway in the rain. In a less than ideal scenario, the windscreen wipers failed, only kicking back in if they were switched up to maximum speed. They then failed another three times on the way home. The lane assist then failed and the cruise control switched off.
I bought this car because my old vehicle was too unreliable but I can't for the life of me understand how a VW that's just three weeks old can have so many issues.
I have recovery on their way but just the AA because VW don't have any people available. Hopefully he'll be able to identify the issue and stop it happening again.
Has anyone else experienced these issues and how were they remedied? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
My windscreen wipers packed in after the first week of ownership, it also caused a fault with the lane assist and cruise control. I called VW assist and it was a regular AA guy who turned up, he'd never even seen a T roc let alone work on one, so after a bit of head scratching he advised me to take it into the dealership.
It was diagnosed with a faulty wiper motor which had to be ordered in from Germany and took less than an hour to fit when it arrived.
Fingers crossed there's been no problem since.
I wouldn't worry about these issues too much, there's bound to be teething problems with new cars and they are always sorted under warranty, I know it's an inconvenience when it happens but at least VW are on the ball in this respect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I have got the T-Roc now for 7 months. Nice car but regrets I have choosen for Volkwagen.

After 6.000 km, low oil pressure signal and they still don't know whats the problem.

And the failures you have written? See them several times. Not only at heavy rainy days, also on the sunny ones.

Gadget Font Electronic device Technology Display device


Automotive design Gadget Font Personal luxury car Steering wheel
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They came out and did a battery reset which seems to have sorted it for now. But I fully anticipate more issues as time goes on. Hopefully I'm wrong and this will resolve the matter. I've been advised that it could require a new software update if the issues continue.
Thanks for your reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
marcob ..... somebody's got to say it .... ask them to fix your 'upside-down display'while they're at it :)
Sorry to hear of the nightmare you are having, not good enough for a manufacturer of VW stature
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
The lane assist and acc turned off in heavy rain so I stoped and cleaned the VW badge in the grill and it it turned back on. It turned off again about 20 min later so I stoped by a gas station, cleaned the badge and applied rain x to it and do so every time I wash the car and this has not happened again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Swsgm30 said:
marcob ..... somebody's got to say it .... ask them to fix your 'upside-down display'while they're at it :)
Sorry to hear of the nightmare you are having, not good enough for a manufacturer of VW stature
Whahaha, really? Pictures upside down?

Placed them with my iPad, sorry....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
985 Posts
Start-Stop turning off? I assume you mean not working - strewth on the Audi forums, owners would kill for that not happening!

Actually it happened to me on my Audi, and when I spoke with the dealer about it, he advised that if the battery ran down a little - usually due to a number of very short trips - then start stop would de-activate, as the power level needed to power stop-start was insufficient (and keep stop starting the engine would draw the battery power down lower). And strangely he was right, soon as I did a medium-ish trip, all worked well again.
So that could possibly be why your stop-start decided to stop working
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Hawkeye said:
Start-Stop turning off? I assume you mean not working - strewth on the Audi forums, owners would kill for that not happening!

Actually it happened to me on my Audi, and when I spoke with the dealer about it, he advised that if the battery ran down a little - usually due to a number of very short trips - then start stop would de-activate, as the power level needed to power stop-start was insufficient (and keep stop starting the engine would draw the battery power down lower). And strangely he was right, soon as I did a medium-ish trip, all worked well again.
So that could possibly be why your stop-start decided to stop working
I agree, my vauxhall does exactly that !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
MarkusRuski said:
Morning all. I've got a three week old T-Roc 1.0 SE and quite frankly, I'm very disappointed so far. I've had several issues with driver assist features and even my Windscreen Wipers.
The EPC light came on and the Start Stop just switched off for no apparent reason. This didn't work for about 3 days before suddenly working again as the EPC light disappeared.
This morning, I was driving my boys home along the motorway in the rain. In a less than ideal scenario, the windscreen wipers failed, only kicking back in if they were switched up to maximum speed. They then failed another three times on the way home. The lane assist then failed and the cruise control switched off.
I bought this car because my old vehicle was too unreliable but I can't for the life of me understand how a VW that's just three weeks old can have so many issues.
I have recovery on their way but just the AA because VW don't have any people available. Hopefully he'll be able to identify the issue and stop it happening again.
Has anyone else experienced these issues and how were they remedied? Thanks.
Mark what with the 1.5 kangaroo and now the 1ltr playing up is it worth it !.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
Hawkeye said:
Start-Stop turning off? I assume you mean not working - strewth on the Audi forums, owners would kill for that not happening!

Actually it happened to me on my Audi, and when I spoke with the dealer about it, he advised that if the battery ran down a little - usually due to a number of very short trips - then start stop would de-activate, as the power level needed to power stop-start was insufficient (and keep stop starting the engine would draw the battery power down lower). And strangely he was right, soon as I did a medium-ish trip, all worked well again.
So that could possibly be why your stop-start decided to stop working
I haven't studied the T-Roc manual, but my Golf manual has a list of scenarios under which the start/stop is disabled or the engine will restart by itself without any driver input, eg if you have the air con on it restarts the engine after a few minutes so as not to run the battery down. I think it is all decided by battery level and what loads are switched on (air con, headlights, rear screen heater etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
985 Posts
I'd agree, the battery has to be at a certain level for the stop/start to work, and the overall charge level doesn't have to drop much for it not to cut in. Been the same on my last 3 Audi's, and been dependant on whether I'm doing a number of short runs in the winter with everything going or not.

Frankly I'd be happy if stop/start never worked, but then it's not hard to press a switch to turn it off each time I start the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Newtroconthebloc said:
Hawkeye said:
Start-Stop turning off? I assume you mean not working - strewth on the Audi forums, owners would kill for that not happening!

Actually it happened to me on my Audi, and when I spoke with the dealer about it, he advised that if the battery ran down a little - usually due to a number of very short trips - then start stop would de-activate, as the power level needed to power stop-start was insufficient (and keep stop starting the engine would draw the battery power down lower). And strangely he was right, soon as I did a medium-ish trip, all worked well again.
So that could possibly be why your stop-start decided to stop working
I agree, my vauxhall does exactly that !
Hi did you have the Kangaroo fault on your car ?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top