Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have taken the plunge and ordered a new T-ROC
I traded in my 14 reg Golf Gti for SEL, white with a black roof and sports pack.
All the tests on u tube are favourable. With most of the criticism being the hard plastics on the top of the dash and doors
It seems the new 1.5 engine is powerful and quiet and the ride and handling for an SUV is good
Got a good part ex price and the sports pack, mats and a full tank of fuel as a freebie.
Delivery end of January with a test dive as soon as they have a demonstrator
Anyone else tempted?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Going to have a look at the car next Saturday and make the decision then if it's what we want. Still waiting for my tiguan to sell at the moment so can't commit fully just yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Freebies??? I didn't get any freebies. Well, the only freebie I got were the running boards but only as part of the Early Bird offer... Apparently VW don't even give staff discounts.

Currently waiting for my build date confirmation. It's been pushed back to first week in Jan but not confirmed yet. Anyone else had a confirmation yet?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ordered mine four weeks ago. The dealer told me it was week 52, the last week of the year.
Still showing as awaiting a date on the tracking site. So I did a live chat with VW on their site and the guy tells me it's unconfirmed as first week in January, same as yours Superhero.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Ordered mine four weeks ago. The dealer told me it was week 52, the last week of the year.
Still showing as awaiting a date on the tracking site. So I did a live chat with VW on their site and the guy tells me it's unconfirmed as first week in January, same as yours Superhero.
Yeah, annoying, the wait is already long and it's not getting any shorter lol. I already sold my car and now have the joy of using my partners 13 year old KA! Really can't wait for the T-Roc lol :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi superhero
Welcome and well done ordering your T Roc. Regarding the freebies I work on the basis if you don't ask you don't get. I would have walked away without something to sweeten the deal
Regarding the running boards, I said I didn't like them and didn't want them, just a personal opinion they spoil the look of the car. I also have the roof rails as part of the SEL spec which I think might grow on me.
The car is being built this week

·
Registered
86 Posts
braveheart74 said:
Hi superhero
Welcome and well done ordering your T Roc. Regarding the freebies I work on the basis if you don't ask you don't get. I would have walked away without something to sweeten the deal
Regarding the running boards, I said I didn't like them and didn't want them, just a personal opinion they spoil the look of the car. I also have the roof rails as part of the SEL spec which I think might grow on me.
The car is being built this week
Oh believe me I did try and ask! I even said I would swap the running boards with something else, as I wasn't keen at first, but now I really like them and worst case I can just take them off, they're only bolted on. I wouldn't have paid extra for them. I may be able to do something when I go pick the car up, like free rubber mats I ordered or something but down south here they don't give you anything at all. They know it's a new model and they know/think it will be a success without much advertising/freebies, so why should they...

It may actually be useful knowing more about where you bought yours and what model it was? Maybe that would help lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
braveheart74 said:
Regarding the running boards, I said I didn't like them and didn't want them, just a personal opinion they spoil the look of the car.

I also have the roof rails as part of the SEL spec which I think might grow on me.
I liked the idea of the running boards, but found they were 'in the way' when entering and exiting the demo car I visited.

They would be useful on a tall 4X4 but were just a visual thing on the T Roc. And in winter I guess you would dirty your trousers on them entering and exiting the car, so we asked not to have them

As for the roof rails, I think black roof rails are standard on the lesser models and silver rails are an extra but standard on the SEL.
So all UK models are coming with roof rails according to the VW Configurator app.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Betty
Interesting you have decided also not to have the running boards. I wonder how many other buyers will not want them
It's a pity we could not have had £500 discount instead or the free sport pack.
Yes silver roof rails, I did not realise the rails came on all uk spec cars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Re the roof rails, I may be wrong but I'm nearly sure the dealer told me the lesser models also have roof rails, but in black whereas they could be upgraded to silver at a cost. I'm taking it you have silver rails n the SEL
Yes all have roof rails, I decided to keep the standard black ones as I'm having a black roof. I figured it was something that can quite easily be upgraded later on if need be but I thought 120.00 was a bit steep for silver rails.

·
Registered
86 Posts
braveheart74 said:
Hi Betty
Interesting you have decided also not to have the running boards. I wonder how many other buyers will not want them
I think running boards are actually becoming quite popular, especially when you go to car forums etc. But then those people do tend to put all on their car they can lol - mostly not for the better imho. Personally I thought it was a rather "lame" buying incentive but when I was at the dealers that day, I knew I was going to get a T-Roc, and it wasn't a matter of time either really (I test drove a Golf with the same engine I ordered) so I thought I might as well take them up on the offer and also get the car quicker than waiting a few more weeks and then order it.

We were actually already on our way home when I thought: "Why not!?" So stopped for a coffee, thought it through, then went back to the dealer lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Superhero said:
braveheart74 said:
Hi Betty
I think running boards are actually becoming quite popular, especially when you go to car forums etc. But then those people do tend to put everything possible on their cars lol - mostly not for the better imho. Personally I thought it was a rather "lame" buying incentive but when I was at the dealers that day, I knew I was going to get a T-Roc, and it wasn't a matter of time either really (I test drove a Golf with the same engine I ordered) so I thought I might as well take them up on the offer and also get the car quicker than waiting a few more weeks and then order it.

We were actually already on our way home when I thought: "Why not!?" So stopped for a coffee, thought it through, then went back to the dealer lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
And it's changed again.

I just checked online and I'm now confirmed build week starting 8th January 2018

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finally got a confirmed build date of the 8th jan! Although the dealer says it is the frist week in jan (8th is the second), so we'll see :) Exciting! Does anyone know how long it will really take until the car is at the dealer, ready for pickup? AFAIK the actual built is done in a few hours (probably more with the T-Roc compared to a Golf as it's new but a Golf is done within a day) but I know it will sit around for a while, then shipped, then checked etc...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.