Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided after driving on the Falken Azenis FK453CC for the first 300 miles of the car I'm going to change the fronts to Michelin CrossClimates.

I did the same on the Civic when I bought it and the db level was lower in the cab and the grip is good too.

Although I'm not booting it around corners I can feel drift on some occasions which I didn't with the CrossClimates in the Civic.

They were'nt cheap though but it's more about safety and comfort for me.

I'll put the Falkens on ebay for £60 for the pair, looking around they're £100 each new so someone will get a bargain.

Has anyone else changed their tyres not long after getting their new car

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have decided after driving on the Falken Azenis FK453CC for the first 300 miles of the car I'm going to change the fronts to Michelin CrossClimates.

I did the same on the Civic when I bought it and the db level was lower in the cab and the grip is good too.

Although I'm not booting it around corners I can feel drift on some occasions which I didn't with the CrossClimates in the Civic.

They were'nt cheap though but it's more about safety and comfort for me.

I'll put the Falkens on ebay for £60 for the pair, looking around they're £100 each new so someone will get a bargain.

Has anyone else changed their tyres not long after getting their new car
I got my dealer to fit cross climates on the car as new. They give me a trade so it cost £460 for all four. I think you should do all four and your insurance company is likely to agree. They seem fine. My worry is the dsg is too aggressive for ice driving and manual mode isn’t manual. I don’t see why vw can’t option all season tyres in the uk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should do all four and your insurance company is likely to agree.
I was thinking along those lines myself, I'll ask them when I'm there if they have 4. The company I'm using have a promotion on at the moment and Michelin tyres have a cashback deal on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently it doesn't make any difference if you have 2 front and 2 rear different, the only stipulation is that they have to be the correct size for the car as it came out the factory

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm also entitled to cash back, which is better than nothing at all

Product:2 x 215/50 R 18 - CROSSCLIMATE SUV
Total claim value:£20.00

·
Registered
474 Posts
Remember to stick a post on when selling the tyres, it'll be a bargain for someone 👌
I wonder how much fitment & balancing would cost 🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts