Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's obviously not ideal only having all weather tyres on the front but in slippery conditions the front is where the drive and steering are done.
It might just be the difference between getting stuck & getting home 🤷‍♂️ 🎅🦃☃❄🎄
You are more likely to end up in the ditch or backwards against the kerb than getting home. Where the drive or steering is done is irrelevant if the rear wheels have poorer grip than the front then round and round we go! Why do you think all motoring organisations advise you to always put the tyres with better tread on the back wheels? If you buy 2 new tyres they should always go on the back wheels. In the case of winter or All Seasons tyres it really is best to buy in sets of 4 but if you only have 2 then for safety sake put them on the back but plan to get 4 ASAP>

·
Registered
556 Posts
You are more likely to end up in the ditch or backwards against the kerb than getting home. Where the drive or steering is done is irrelevant if the rear wheels have poorer grip than the front then round and round we go! Why do you think all motoring organisations advise you to always put the tyres with better tread on the back wheels? If you buy 2 new tyres they should always go on the back wheels. In the case of winter or All Seasons tyres it really is best to buy in sets of 4 but if you only have 2 then for safety sake put them on the back but plan to get 4 ASAP>
[/
I'm sticking with what I said, we're all entitled to our own opinions 😉👌🤷‍♂️

You'd think we're for driving like rally drivers in the snow with these comments, no matter what tyres you've on you have to drive slowly 🤷‍♂️🤣
Tire Car Snow Automotive tire Vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: twist

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG
1,728 Posts
You'd think we're for driving like rally drivers in the snow with these comments, no matter what tyres you've on you have to drive slowly 🤷‍♂️🤣
View attachment 4001
Pfft, speak for yourself: that’s how I do all my roundabouts.

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Ford ka in the snow of 2009 and just put winter tyres on the front. It was great fun, it never pointed forwards but would go places others couldn’t. I don’t think plod would have been happy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Ford ka in the snow of 2009 and just put winter tyres on the front. It was great fun, it never pointed forwards but would go places others couldn’t. I don’t think plod would have been happy
Twist & Shout --- Who cares where you go or in what direction as long as it’s fun, fun, fun!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts