Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Forum Users,

my name is Thomas, I am from Germany and since May 2020 I drive a T-Roc R in Indium Grey with Acrapovic system, leather and panoramic roof. I have since I have the T-Roc already converted some things, such as the ceiling light from the Golf VII, the air-conditioned glove compartment, footwell lighting rear, etc. many small things, as well as extensive paint work, 20 inch BBS CI-R rims, steering wheel upholstered and in perforated leather, etc..
Currently I am upgrading the door panels, which has prompted me to register with the T-Roc forum in the UK. You can also find me on the https://www.t-rocforum.de/ at vw.thomas if anyone is interested.

I have already bought a complete set of panels for the planned conversion. I would like to have the handles covered in addition to the upgrade with leather in the rear, but also adopt the lighting from to the front to make the rear doors the same as the front. For this I am looking for a UK door handle front left because it has the ambient lighting but does not have the openings for the central locking button.
Should anyone feel addressed, or perhaps want to implement the same project in the UK we could exchange, otherwise I would like to buy such a handle.

Now I am of course pretty much with the door into the house, for this scon times apologies, but as compensation a few pictures :)

I hope my English fits so far, use to my stock English a translator.

Best Regards Thomas

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Car Sky Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel

Luggage and bags Bag Floor Musical instrument accessory Flooring

Wood Table Font Circle Button

Camera lens Wood Lens Gas Camera accessory

Speedometer Car Vehicle Gear shift Satellite radio

Speedometer Vehicle Car Gauge Trip computer

Attachments

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Welcome Thomas 馃榿馃憣

I follow the German forum and have followed the work you've done to your R, brilliant stuff.

Quite a few good modifications on that forum 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

today I found a complete left door panel from a British T-roc, and immediately bought it. I am really happy about it and can
continue with my current project.

Brief overview of my ideas:

1.door handle inside and outside in leather with decorative stitching in gray, so that it becomes a homogeneous armrest.
2. rear side panel in leather (maybe with an Eycatcher pattern)
3. door pocket will be covered with felt (standard for Golf)
4. handle will be transplanted from the front door to the rear one (because of the OEM lighting)
5. light for the door pocket is mounted
6. handle recesses transplanted from front to rear (because of lighting) is a bit of a challenge because there is still a hole in front for the door lock switch. I am currently looking for a solution through a UK door.
7.The strip with the structure should be smoothed and then painted like the front one. Ideally, I can somehow move the lighting from the front to the back here as well.
8. the rear door entry lights should finally be mounted.
9. alubutyl mats for insulation will be applied to the door and trim.

Registered
The rims are great,but after you seeing the new rims that will come out on the T-Roc R model, you'll want the same

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

i have just installed it so far. In the meantime, however, we have found out in the German T-Roc forum that it must be coded. I quote from the forum:
"after I have dealt extensively with the subject yesterday, and found out that VW since the Golf4 no magnetic clutch for the air conditioning, I have in my code list the "magnetic clutch for compressor" set to "not installed".
Now the air conditioning finally works as desired :)!"

I still have to implement this, but then have some other points I want to realize at the same time.

Kind regards,

Thomas

@Seal:

that may well be. For a long time, nothing happened with the R's equipment, so it's time for an update. But whether VW will offer 20" rims is still pending. Have you already seen the new rims?

Registered
vw.thomas said:
Hi,

i have just installed it so far. In the meantime, however, we have found out in the German T-Roc forum that it must be coded. I quote from the forum:
"after I have dealt extensively with the subject yesterday, and found out that VW since the Golf4 no magnetic clutch for the air conditioning, I have in my code list the "magnetic clutch for compressor" set to "not installed".
Now the air conditioning finally works as desired :)!"

I still have to implement this, but then have some other points I want to realize at the same time.

Kind regards,

Thomas

@Seal:

that may well be. For a long time, nothing happened with the R's equipment, so it's time for an update. But whether VW will offer 20" rims is still pending. Have you already seen the new rims?
:D ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there,

I was able to pick up my door panels from the saddler last Saturday. Its not all as desired, but on the whole it has become good. Currently I bought another mirror switch from the Touareg III CR7, so I can leave my original door panels as they are and not have to rebuild anything. I will then store them. Further I have found the reading lights for the rear with illuminated buttons. In order to prepare the conversion, I bought a used cable, so I can retrofit the previously missing cable and stranded wire in peace and then convert the lights sammt cable. A TPMS control unit from the Passat, including wiring harness is also already in front of me, I'll probably rebuild in a big sweep when it is warmer again.

Take a look:
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

The front door handles were transplanted to the rear to integrate the lighting to the rear. The same applies to the recessed grips and the door pockets. The handles were all covered with leather, the door pockets with fils and the side panels front and rear with Rautestep.

the front door handles were transplanted to the rear to integrate the lighting to the rear. The same applies to the recessed grips and the door pockets. The handles were all covered with leather, the door pockets with fils and the side panels front and rear with Rautestep.
The handle recess at the rear left comes, as already written from a UK T-Roc, because there is the opening for the Leucht given, but not the switches for the door lock.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Auto part Font Electric blue

Fixture Wood Gas Font Machine

Shoe Sleeve Handwriting Font Automotive tire

Electrical wiring Cable Wire Technology Electrical supply

I have two brackets for the TPMS control unit, because there is no reference vehicle where I could see how to get it installed most reasonably behind the bumper. So I just have more options when the conversion becomes acute.

For the conversion of the doors I have bought me still felt and aluminum butyl mats for insulation, which is then still attached behind the door panels.

That麓s it for the Moment,

Greetings,

Thomas

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.