Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, been an avid follower of the forum for a few weeks now, test drove for 24 hours and finally took the plunge and placed my order today! Tempering my excitement with reading some of the horror story delays in the car delivery, and today was given a '16-20 weeks' delivery estimate by the dealer... time will tell. Only 1 extra ordered 'Sports Pack', which hopefully won't delay things too much. Anyway, great to get on board the T-Roc ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Hi
The DSG autos are in great demand so don't hold your breath, sorry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were not wrong Newtroconthebloc, after weeks/months of chasing the dealer, the build stuck at stage 2 for nearly 6 months, and no firm news on when it would ever move to stage 3 I cancelled my order. My frustrations are shared will all who have suffered a similar fate, and good luck to all who have received their T-Rocs. To be fair I did receive my £500 deposit back from the dealer,so some scant consolation.
If anybody is interested I have a full set of Luxury Original VW T-Roc Car mats for sale.... unused and still in original packaging! i think they retail for aroubd £80 but would accept £30, I live in South Lincolnshire. Struggling to attach a photo, but I can send seperately.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
RavBlue2019 said:
You were not wrong Newtroconthebloc, after weeks/months of chasing the dealer, the build stuck at stage 2 for nearly 6 months, and no firm news on when it would ever move to stage 3 I cancelled my order. My frustrations are shared will all who have suffered a similar fate, and good luck to all who have received their T-Rocs. To be fair I did receive my £500 deposit back from the dealer,so some scant consolation.
If anybody is interested I have a full set of Luxury Original VW T-Roc Car mats for sale.... unused and still in original packaging! i think they retail for aroubd £80 but would accept £30, I live in South Lincolnshire. Struggling to attach a photo, but I can send seperately.
Sorry to hear that, I've got mats as SEL comes with them
Have you decided what you are going for instead?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
RavBlue2019 said:
You were not wrong Newtroconthebloc, after weeks/months of chasing the dealer, the build stuck at stage 2 for nearly 6 months, and no firm news on when it would ever move to stage 3 I cancelled my order. My frustrations are shared will all who have suffered a similar fate, and good luck to all who have received their T-Rocs. To be fair I did receive my £500 deposit back from the dealer,so some scant consolation.
If anybody is interested I have a full set of Luxury Original VW T-Roc Car mats for sale.... unused and still in original packaging! i think they retail for aroubd £80 but would accept £30, I live in South Lincolnshire. Struggling to attach a photo, but I can send seperately.
would you post them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
Hi RavBlue2019,

Sorry to hear you ran out of patience. After waiting nearly 6 months it is a hard decision whether to stick it out to the bitter end or move on.

I was in the same boat or worse, but I felt that in the time I had waited the prices had risen and the value of my trade-in had gone the other way, so that could combine to maybe a couple of thousand pounds. My dealer confirmed they would honour both as agreed at time of order, and they have since agreed to pay for a service and MOT for my trade-in (Golf). My original second choice was a Karoq, but it seems Skoda have had the same issues with delivery times and kangaroo 1.5 engines, so I was struggling to find an alternative.

I considered a BMW before they went up in smoke !

Glad to hear you got your deposit back though. Have you decided on another car yet ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi all..
Ordered mine in October and was told February...watched no movement on app(stuck at build 2) ... dealer then said june 😥...dealer then said another same spec could be supplied in March...but phone call later delivery july 😥 .... in the end went for pre reg and saved roughly £3000(car had 300 on clock) ...got there in the end ...lol
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top