Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've booked my apt to order my T=Roc on 22nd January with VW. I'm going for the 1.0L Design in White Silver. The only extras I'm getting are Active Info Display and chrome roof rails. Is there anything else people think is a must-have extra based on your experiences?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm sure you will enjoy the car. I have found the tailgate very heavy so it might be worth opting for the electric opening version.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fully agree with braveheart74 ref the electric tailgate - I met a T Roc owner once who was vertically challenged and getting on a bit who complained that he found it very heavy and had a canvas strap riveted ( :shock: ) to the tailgate so he could reach up to close it! One advantage of the electric tailgate is that you can set how far it opens - could be very handy if you ever contemplate fitting a roof box that has an overhang.

I'd also consider the reversing camera - a great system that makes life in reverse much easier. Not sure of your family status but my wife absolutely loves the heated front seats she mandated when we ordered the car!

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll love the car as much as we do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another vote for the reversing camera.

I've not found the tailgate heavy at all, I'm 5'10". The electric tailgate is £320, so try it out at the dealer before deciding.

Brian

·
Registered
164 Posts
One more vote for the reversing camera. I have never before had reversing camera. I didn't think I needed it, but it is excellent and a real help to have a clear view when reversing. Very happy that I included this on my options list.

Oh, and one other contributor (I forget who - sorry) opted for a flux capacitor. You never know when you might need it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another vote for reversing camera (but don't forget to look all around as well before starting to reverse).
Also Heated Front Seats as they are very quick to warm up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lot of you recommending the camera, something I'm definitely going to consider in that case. Think the tailgate might be fine as I'm 5'11 and 30 years old so hopefully I can manage it!

One of you mentioned the Flux Capacitor. I might sound stupid here but what does that do?

G

·
avamissile said:
A lot of you recommending the camera, something I'm definitely going to consider in that case. Think the tailgate might be fine as I'm 5'11 and 30 years old so hopefully I can manage it!

One of you mentioned the Flux Capacitor. I might sound stupid here but what does that do?
Flux Capacitor

LOL :D
You should watch Back to the Future! ;)
On a more serious note, it helps you travel back in time. :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
avamissile said:
Don't go over 88 mph if you have one fitted

·
Registered
428 Posts
why are you waiting until 22nd January? ... there's enough of a delay in delivery already without adding an extra 4-5 weeks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Swsgm30 said:
why are you waiting until 22nd January? ... there's enough of a delay in delivery already without adding an extra 4-5 weeks
Because I need another month to put some money away for savings so that I won't have to take out as much for a Personal Loan. I don't mind waiting until April/May, I doubt it'll be much longer than that as I'm only getting the 1.0 Manual

1 - 12 of 12 Posts