Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my dream car so need to get it right, wanting to keep for 10 years...Well thats the plan.
I was looking at a 1.0 Design but have now decided "what the hell" so now going for a :

1.5 SEL
Colour White or Indium grey ?????
Auto or manual ?????
Heated seats and wheel ?????
This where I'm stuck, leaning to grey and auto but still undecided. Also don't know if worth getting heated seats and wheel as not been on any models I have tested.
The cost keeps rising as want more toys...lol

Defiantly getting:
Power tailgate as my wife find it hard to pull down.
Reversing camera

Thanks in advance for any advice or reviews.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I advised my raging mother not to bother with a heated steering wheel when spec'ing a Golf Mk7 for her a couple of years ago. I thought it a waste of time. But when my Range Rover Sport came with it 2 years ago I don't think I'd ever spec a car without it - nor would my wife!

As the T-Roc is going to be my wife's car a heated steering wheel is a Red Line - so much so that she decided against the Q2 purely because it couldn't come with one!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, get the electric tailgate, I wish I had as it's really heavy and difficult to reach. Go for the 1.5 Sel, it's a punchy and smooth engine and this spec has virtually all you need. I'm not sure a rear view camera is needed as well as the parking sensors.
Colour and manual or auto are very personal choices but I think grey looks dull and the auto costs a lot more money
It's a great car however you spec it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Indium grey looks good with black roof or one single colour . Get all the extras you want if your gonna keep it for 10 years . Don't forget the issue with the space saver spare wheel you want to be able to use the boot properly, Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are thinking of keeping it for 10 years then definitely get what you love!! 2 or 3 years in, you'd have regretted getting an entry level 1.0 I'm sure.
The indium grey looks really classy (I can say that as it's what I've gone for!!). Black tends to show all the dirt/dust, as does white!
Don't spec it so far that you'd never get it back when you sell it on. Eg. If you do add £1,000s then when you come to sell it, people will look at yours for £7k and see they can get essentially the same car for £5k. On the second hand market, people generally want a car that does the job rather than with all the flashy specs.
SEL comes with loads of lovely stuff too

Would love to hear what you go for in the end!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
We have just taken delivery of ours in indium grey
We too deliberated on colours it was between the silver white with black roof or turmeric yellow but on seeing the grey in the showroom we was sold and now think it's great
We went for the for 18 Arlo adamantium silver alloys ( slightly darker wheel to compliment the body colour)
As for the heated seats and steering wheel - really impressed definitely would go for that and the power tailgate again superb - go for it
We also went for the sports pack - which just adds that nice design touch
Also the rear view camera I really like it - again go for it if you can
I know all these add up but they are well worth it and a real must!
Hope it helps on any decision you make - good luck

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nordedpine said:
If you are thinking of keeping it for 10 years then definitely get what you love!! 2 or 3 years in, you'd have regretted getting an entry level 1.0 I'm sure.
Ha, I hope that's not true for me. Took ages speccing the car I wanted and in the end went for the 1.0:
1.0 Design in Turmeric & Black
Mayfield black wheels
Winter Pack (heated seats)
Heated steering wheel
Self parking
Rear camera
Side assist plus
High beam assist
Active Info display
LED headlights
Cornering fog lights
Beats audio

Didn't dare opt for turmeric interior.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eeeek...sorry, didn't mean to offend :0)
I meant entry level as in 1.0 S, rather than SE or the Design that you've gone for!
Those extras sound pretty cool too. My salesperson persuaded me to get the Design and tho I'm glad I did, it meant I didn't have any money left to buy all those lovely extras. Keep telling myself that one day, one day I'll have the panoramic roof I keep lusting after!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.