Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a seemingly small issue with the parcel shelf not fitting properly when you close the boot?

The shelf seems to hit in the same area on both short sides as I close the boot and has even started to split in this same place. The parcel shelf then sits up slightly obscuring the view from the rear view mirror, so I have to stop and smack it down from the rear seat with the boot closed.

It's as though the shelf is too lightweight for a relatively heavy boot.

Leighton

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nope, no problem here. Is it attached properly? If it's not properly engaged in its lugs it won't fit properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same issue. Parcel shelf gets unclipped while opening and closing the boot every time and blocks the rear view. Has anybody got a new parcel shelf under warranty. I am going to speak to my dealer tomorrow on this.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
D1rvy said:
i was told not covered. needs a titanium (you know, the unbreakable metal) clip at £25.73
So why does your car not have a clip already fitted ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just had mine replaced today under warranty... same problem bulges on the side causing it to catch and unclip. They might have been giving me the benefit of the doubt as it's the second time the cars been back in the first month to fix a lane assist error!

·
Registered
428 Posts
TrocAl said:
Just had mine replaced today under warranty... same problem bulges on the side causing it to catch and unclip. They might have been giving me the benefit of the doubt as it's the second time the cars been back in the first month to fix a lane assist error!
Why should you think it's benefit of the doubt?? .. how much has this car cost you ?? do not think of them as nice people that are easily offended!! They are not your friends !!
As far as I'm concerned, if I turned up every day for a month with a minor defect that shouldn't be there, it's their problem .. after all, as I've said, I've paid my money, it's their turn to keep to their side of the bargain ... or else I'll unleash the Missus on them
;) ;) :x :x :x :x

·
Registered
164 Posts
Swsgm 30 your threat to "unleash the Missus" made me smile. You sound quite scary so the Missus must be awesome!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Grrralph said:
Swsgm 30 your threat to "unleash the Missus" made me smile. You sound quite scary so the Missus must be awesome!!
She's a pussycat really (she's looking over my shoulder as I type this :lol: )
Married 46 years so I know how far I can stretch the banter ;) ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Note to self... the dealer is not my friend! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just ruined my second parcel shelf! It caught on the side leaving it slightly at an angle and the electric tailgate squashed it leaving a crack on the side. After a bit of brute force I've managed to bend it back into shape and it closes properly again.

Not a great design.. either they need to round off the edges of the parcel shelf so it doesn't catch or make the electric tailgate more sensitive to obstructions.

Will try for parcel shelf replacement 2 on warranty!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.