Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the imminent arrival of my vehicle, I'm looking at physical security device options.

According to the vehicle checker on the Amazon, the Stoplock Pro and Pro Elite which have got good reviews on the web do not fit the T-Roc, has anybody got any recommendations please :?:

·
Registered
456 Posts
If your car has 'keyless igntion' an additional option is a 'Farady Pouch' for your fobs. This prevents hackers from stealing your fob code. FPs can be purchased from Amazon and are also known as 'Signal Blockers'.

There was an interesting Program on ITV last night...."Car Crime: How Safe Are You?". They showed the use of a steering lock similar to the 'Disklok' which covers the whole steering wheel.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JAMCT said:
If your car has 'keyless igntion' an additional option is a 'Farady Pouch' for your fobs. This prevents hackers from stealing your fob code. FPs can be purchased from Amazon and are also known as 'Signal Blockers'.

There was an interesting Program on ITV last night...."Car Crime: How Safe Are You?". They showed the use of a steering lock similar to the 'Disklok' which covers the whole steering wheel.

Hope that helps.
Not a fan of keyless, so didn't select that option.

I saw the Tonight program on ITV last night and the Disklok that was shown. It's a good device but where are you supposed to put the thing whilst driving? it's pretty bulky! The passenger foot well is ok if you haven't got a passenger I suppose, but I wouldn't want it rattling around in the boot space.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I haven't used a "physical security device" in over 20 years. I guess it maybe depends where you live, but neither I nor anyone I know has had a car nicked in a similar amount of time. I don't recall seeing any parked cars with such devices either. Way back I used to often see cars with "frying pans" attached to their steering wheels - I guess these are the disclock type devices.
(Not a useful answer, I know).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a stop lock on my keyless Golf and keep my keys in an rfid pouch.

When the non keyless T-Roc arrives, I will continue to use the stoplock

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mackemsteve said:
I haven't used a "physical security device" in over 20 years. I guess it maybe depends where you live, but neither I nor anyone I know has had a car nicked in a similar amount of time. I don't recall seeing any parked cars with such devices either. Way back I used to often see cars with "frying pans" attached to their steering wheels - I guess these are the disclock type devices.
(Not a useful answer, I know).
Thanks, I guess you are lucky then, VWs and Audi's are prime targets for theft in the area where I live and I want to deter any potential thief as much as possible.

·
Registered
456 Posts
sh1513 said:
JAMCT said:

Hope that helps.
Not a fan of keyless, so didn't select that option.

I saw the Tonight program on ITV last night and the Disklok that was shown. It's a good device but where are you supposed to put the thing whilst driving? it's pretty bulky! The passenger foot well is ok if you haven't got a passenger I suppose, but I wouldn't want it rattling around in the boot space.
A simple designed steel bar with quality lock takes little space in the passenger footwell. When installed the very appearance will act as a deterrent and the thieving scumbag will move on to another, easier target. (Hopefully). I've used one for over 40 years and fingers crossed, never had a car stolen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts