Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Pick my 1.0 SE up a week Sat. Rang up to say l.d pick it up at 10 am. Was told they did.nt do handovers over the weekend.? After l thought WTF l politely said l would be in on Sat to pick it up, as Monday was out of the question. Gobsmacked to say the least. Who would want to pick a new car up 2 days after the new reg came out. Anybody else had this . Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm in the same boat, asked for a Saturday pick up only to be told it wasn't possible until Monday. It's only two days but I feel your pain. A very strange carry on indeed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You getting yours on Saturday? The reason l was given was there were no admin or valeters working on Sat to tax or clean the car. Simple l said tax it Friday afternoon , valet it , then put it in your handover suite till Sat. Not rocket science is it

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, I was told handovers do not take place on a weekend,I was given the same reason as you, its not available until Monday 3rd September.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You.re not buying from Lookers, are you? I.ve bought lots of new cars over the years. Pick up has never been a problem. I.ve picked up a car at 00.00 once. I.m getting mine Sat. I was.nt budging on the issue

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mines coming from JCT600, I haven't pushed the issue of a Saturday pick up although I would have preferred it to be honest.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cheers mate, and you. I'll post some photos when I get my sticky little mitts on it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Got mine on a Monday (Lookers) though TBH a Saturday would have been no good for me anyway, I was busy/away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got mine on a Saturday morning from Lookers, it was valeted the day before I believe but they taxed it that day in front of me.

I've picked up cars from VW all days of the week before, so not sure why they are making you wait.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked mine up on a Saturday, along with several other new VW owners, from a main dealership. It was on 31st March so they covered the tax for the day as well. It was prepped and washed the day before and stored in the showroom which was good as it was a rainy day.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bellasdad said:
Mines coming from JCT600, I haven't pushed the issue of a Saturday pick up although I would have preferred it to be honest.
Bet you can't wait Bellasdad!. My T-Roc is being delivered to my home in Manchester from JCT600 - Wakefield on Friday 7th July. (Having waited until after the 1st September's Premium Bond draw, for funds to arrive from cashing some of them in........you never know one of them may win me £1m, I wish!)

I would be interested in hearing from you on how the handover to you was conducted at your local JCT 600 showroom regarding user instructions, training etc by JCT. I'm also hoping they will help me set up my smart phone's ANDROID AUTO & WAZE sat-nav apps. My new NOKIA 3.1 Budget smart phone/accessories has cost me only £170 compared to VW's optional extra price of £780 for their DIscover Navigation System :evil:.

Good luck for 3rd September.

·
Registered
131 Posts
JAMCT said:
Bellasdad said:
Bet you can't wait Bellasdad!. My T-Roc is being delivered to my home in Manchester from JCT600 - Wakefield on Friday 7th July. (Having waited until after the 1st September's Premium Bond draw, for funds to arrive from cashing some of them in........you never know one of them may win me £1m, I wish!)

I would be interested in hearing from you on how the handover to you was conducted at your local JCT 600 showroom regarding user instructions, training etc by JCT. I'm also hoping they will help me set up my smart phone's ANDROID AUTO & WAZE sat-nav apps. My new NOKIA 3.1 Budget smart phone/accessories has cost me only £170 compared to VW's optional extra price of £780 for their DIscover Navigation System :evil:.

Good luck for 3rd September.
Yes we're looking forward to picking the car up. We haven't had long to wait as we managed to bag one of the T-roc's you mentioned in your earlier post. Thanks for the heads up. :D
As for the handover, we've always dealt with JCT600 and they are a very professional set of guys. We're coming out of a latest edition Tiguan R line and the technology is pretty much the same in the T-roc so I'm up to speed with how most things will operate.
Enjoy your new car and good luck with the Premium Bond draw !!
If you need any help with the tech just give me a shout.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Tell them you work every weekday and the only days you have off are Saturday and Sunday. or if they MUST hand over during the week you will only be home after 18:30 and they can deliver it to you at home.
Hey what is the matter with these people, you are spending a LOT of money and you are the customer after all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It obviously differs between dealers. I'm picking mine up Saturday morning after the dealer suggested it. I wasn't in a particular hurry for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked my 1.0 SE up this morning. Must say l.m impressed with the car. Touchscreen very good. Superb engine for its size. Very quiet and smooth.Much better to drive than the 595 Abarth l traded in

·
Registered
456 Posts
My new car delivered on low loader to my front door at 10am this morning :D. Drives perfectly up to now, no kangerooing or speeding up in 2nd gear as reported in some other postings. Lots of tech to study. Picsto follow in due course in Members Gallery thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.