Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking Forward to get hands on my first car ever: a t roc gasoline 1.5 advance.

Got some doubts about it:
1) the used model I've found has 50.000 km. My goal Is keep this car at least 10 year (I do about 10.000k per year). Could it be a good one?

2)The car has the keyless function, pros and cons?

3) the car should not have the traffic jam assist that I would love to got it. What specifically do it? Don't need that turns thanks to line assist, but just stop and go automatically...

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
Hi guys,

Looking Forward to get hands on my first car ever: a t roc gasoline 1.5 advance.

Got some doubts about it:
1) the used model I've found has 50.000 km. My goal Is keep this car at least 10 year (I do about 10.000k per year). Could it be a good one?

2)The car has the keyless function, pros and cons?

3) the car should not have the traffic jam assist that I would love to got it. What specifically do it? Don't need that turns thanks to line assist, but just stop and go automatically...
Nobody will be able to tell you how long the car will last but 50km on the clock of a MY19 is reasonable. I’m also hoping for 10+ years out of mine.

Lots of people don’t like keyless because of security concerns. I have it and I think it’s great. I think MY19 keys were updated with a sleep function to prevent the codes being sniffed so when you place your key down, after 15 minutes it goes to sleep and will not send more codes until touched. This prevents the sniff attack. However you can also prevent keyless unlocking of the car temporarily by locking the car keylessly (touch the dimple on the door handle) and then within 5 seconds touch the dimple again. This disables keyless unlock for only the next unlock and you must use the button on the key. After that unlock, it reverts back to keyless. There’s also the option to disable keyless unlock entirely via OBD coding.

Traffic Jam Assist is a feature that allows Adaptive Cruise Control (the radar-based automatic cruise control) to work at lower speeds. Normally ACC only works from around 60kmh and above but TJA allows it to work all the way down to a crawl. It is particularly good when used in combination with the DSG gearbox. However there was some confusion over which models came with TJA and I believe we discovered that it actually comes with all ACC-equipped cars despite what the car’s spec and marketing brochures will tell you. I could be wrong but that’s how I remember the discussion concluded. And as with keyless, I suspect it can be activated via coding as well, provided the car has the lane assist camera.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
139 Posts
My 21 plate 1500 dsg R line has ACC and will work even at a crawl in traffic but if it stops completely and auto hold activates I then have to touch the accelerator to get it moving again , is this correct or should it release automatically ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
My car is the same complete stop and you just have to touch the accelerator to continue as before

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
My 21 plate 1500 dsg R line has ACC and will work even at a crawl in traffic but if it stops completely and auto hold activates I then have to touch the accelerator to get it moving again , is this correct or should it release automatically ?
It will automatically go again but only if the car in front moves again within 3 seconds. If not, you must press the Res button or tap the accelerator.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts