Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here found this useful forum for research before ordering wife a new T Roc, thoughts on spec below and how much stuff might be removed due to chip shortage

VW T ROC R 300 BHP
indium grey metallic
Rear Parking Camera
Dynamic Chasis Control
19” Estoril wheels

Main reason for 19” wheels is the standard 18” come with very skinny 215/50 18 tyres confusingly though the 19”wheel option comes with 235/40 19 which seems wider than pre facelift model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Newbie here found this useful forum for research before ordering wife a new T Roc, thoughts on spec below and how much stuff might be removed due to chip shortage

VW T ROC R 300 BHP
indium grey metallic
Rear Parking Camera
Dynamic Chasis Control
19” Estoril wheels

Main reason for 19” wheels is the standard 18” come with very skinny 215/50 18 tyres confusingly though the 19”wheel option comes with 235/40 19 which seems wider than pre facelift model
A

VW T ROC R 300 BHP
indium grey metallic
Rear Parking Camera
Dynamic Chasis Control
19” Estoril wheels

Please could those lucky R drivers or those with optional 19’s confirm pre facelift was 225 not 235 on 19” fitment

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don’t you find that 19” wheels with lower profile tyres are plain uncomfortable on deteriorating UK roads? For the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would make life even more uncomfortable by speccing 19” wheels. You can’t see them from inside the car so appearance can’t be the factor. Please tell me why?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don’t you find that 19” wheels with lower profile tyres are plain uncomfortable on deteriorating UK roads? For the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would make life even more uncomfortable by speccing 19” wheels. You can’t see them from inside the car so appearance can’t be the factor. Please tell me why?
I hear you but my BMW G01 X3 has 21“ wheel with BMW version of DCC and all good but 300 bhp through 215 tyres ! Hence why I have selected DCC too on the TROC R with the 19’s

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear you but my BMW G01 X3 has 21“ wheel with BMW version of DCC and all good but 300 bhp through 215 tyres ! Hence why I have selected DCC too on the TROC R with the 19’s
Even so, on UK roads where could you need or use the the power available? Unless you are intending the car for track use I can see no practical use for the power. Let’s face it here you are going to be in a line of traffic driving on pot holed roads with little chance - or value - in overtaking to get to the next hold up a little quicker. I remember the 1960’s when driving was fun and we used to go out for a Sunday afternoon drive! Now driving is just a chore sharing the road with hordes of others.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi expatman
Don’t burst his bubble too much.
there is always somewhere you can give it full throttle and redline it. There may be a police man around the corner, but you have to live dangerously some times. ( just so long as it is only yourself and no other innocent parties)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I must admit I don’t like really low profile tyres they are so easy to curb

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
The 18" wheel/tyre combination are more than adequate if not better than the 19" wheels, otherwise volkswagen wouldn't have put them on.
The 19" wheels just look way better 😁

As for the chip shortage affecting your R, you won't lose anything that was configurable at the time of order, you might just have to wait longer for delivery?
Will be a wee beauty when it comes 👌

Reactions: Hampshireuk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even so, on UK roads where could you need or use the the power available? Unless you are intending the car for track use I can see no practical use for the power. Let’s face it here you are going to be in a line of traffic driving on pot holed roads with little chance - or value - in overtaking to get to the next hold up a little quicker. I remember the 1960’s when driving was fun and we used to go out for a Sunday afternoon drive! Now driving is just a chore sharing the road with hordes of others.
I hear you re the roads but my intended 2.0 T R-Linr model is £65 a month more than the full R version at the moment due to a deal. no need to drive everywhere at 100% but nice to know it’s there if needed or where traffic allows.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi expatman
Don’t burst his bubble too much.
there is always somewhere you can give it full throttle and redline it. There may be a police man around the corner, but you have to live dangerously some times. ( just so long as it is only yourself and no other innocent parties)
Ahhh the exuberance of youth. But please don’t live dangerously on public roads, innocent parties are all too easily hurt then there is a lifetime of regret.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
why do you feel 18” combination is better, I am suspicious the skinny tyre is for cost saving and emissions
I didn't say better "if not better"

Adequate for everyday driving, more comfortable, more fuel efficient & cheaper to replace.
The 19" will have better road holding & look better.

Personally I would add them for the looks 👌

·
Registered
2 Posts

VW T ROC R 300 BHP
indium grey metallic
Rear Parking Camera
Dynamic Chasis Control
19” Estoril wheels

I’ve just placed a deposit (not released here until Aug) here in Australia for the facelift R in Indium Grey. We never had the pre-face lift here in Australia. Only options here are the Beats stereo, roof and black pack, everything else is standard.
I’m still undecided between the Indium grey or the Lapiz blue!
19’s are standard here and look better any day.😃

·
Registered
3 Posts
The UK specs are very confusing. I'm trying to establish whether or not my R (on order at the moment) is fitted with heated seats as standard. The "R-line" is according to the configurator, but the "winter pack" on the R is an option (unless the seats are standard but you're just paying £295 for the heated washer jets?). It's very confusing and there seems to be no downloadable spec comparison that VW usually provide.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
The UK specs are very confusing. I'm trying to establish whether or not my R (on order at the moment) is fitted with heated seats as standard. The "R-line" is according to the configurator, but the "winter pack" on the R is an option (unless the seats are standard but you're just paying £295 for the heated washer jets?). It's very confusing and there seems to be no downloadable spec comparison that VW usually provide.
Agreed, very confusing.
Some optional packs include items that are already standard, makes it sound like better value 🤣😂

The face-lift R-line doesn't come with as good a spec as the old model as standard.

·
Registered
67 Posts
E-mail VW customer service and ask whether the R line has heated seats as standard. Alternatively get the dealer supplying the car to sort it out for you. Personally I would contact VW customer service, I have found them to be quick and accurate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an Active in Ravenna Blue, but if I could have chosen Lapiz Blue I definitely would have had that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts