Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was not a feature I wanted on my new T-Roc, costing £320 extra.
But as there was a model available with the other features I wanted, I accepted it, as long as I did not have to pay for this feature.
Reading others' reports, claiming how heavy the boot lid is, maybe it was a good move after all.
BUT, I do need to warn others of two incidents I have had to date.
1. While standing next to the locked car, talking to my wife, the boot lid opened all by itself. Had we not been standing next to it, either the boot could have filled with rain overnight, or worse still someone could have crawled into the car from the back. The keys were in my pocket, so I can only guess that pressure must have been applied to the boot open button, without my knowledge.
2. I had left the car locked in the garage overnight. When opening the garage the following morning, the boot lid was open. Not only that, but in so doing, had scratched itself up the metal garage door, causing £283 worth of damage to the paintwork. As in the previous case, I suspect the remote button had been inadvertently pressed at some point.
Again I contacted VW, asking if there was any way of disabling the control from the key fob (you can still open it from a button in the car, or lifting the VW badge), but again they were not prepared to even make any suggestions, advising me to contact my local dealer (which I had already done).
So a good feature, but just be warned.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thank you for warning.

This type of problem is well documented on the internet wether it be problems with keyless operation of car doors or tailgates, both being due to RF interference of FOBs ie spuriuos radio waves. Other people's FOBS can be to blame as well as faulty transmitters, receivers, batteries and lock mechanisms. I think that that your dealership must investigate starting with the basics such changing the battery.

See this link:

https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/29528/remote-does-not-always-lock-unlock-the-car-diagnosing-rf-receiver-issues

Many other websites and forum's deal with this subject.

For normal operation: When I give the key fob a single quick PRESS the tailgate either locks or unlocks. To open it I have to hold down the fob button for full second or two before the tailgate opens so it's unlikely that accidental pressure on the fob whilst in a pocket/handbag etc is the cause.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.