Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Protection Pack Plus?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  VWMan 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Ordered a T-Roc R Line in May, hopefully delivery by August with reg 1st September.

The dealer added a £528 accessory add on called ‘Protection Pack Plus’.
Dealer says it’s a paint protection, upgraded front and rear mats and boot liner. (Not much detail).

Anyone have any more details about this add on?

thanks!

#4 ·
Protection pack used to be a special paint polish protection & your seat materials sprayed with a protective liquid repellent.
Thats about it.

If they mentioned better car mats then keep an eye out that they give you the good T-roc emblemed rubber mats.

Personally I would tell them to hold on to it, it's not worth it.

#6 ·
@Sep - Clearly this is a dealer promotion and has nothing to do with VW. It's a bit like the big name electrical retailer giving all their checkout staff targets for 'adding on' breakdown cover and the sole purpose is to make additional profits at the buyer's expense.

Either way, the dealer can only offer you 'options' and cannot simply add them on and expect you to pay. Tell them you are not interested.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
#9 ·
I got a local guy to apply Diamondbrite treatment to the paintwork, upholstery and carpets. He came to my house and charged me £125. The product costs about £40 I think and the job took about 1.5 hours including washing the car first. Fair price for a good job. Dealers try to charge you £400 for that if they can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.