Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an R line 1.5 EVO for the wife.

How are they space wise in the back? Have 2 Toddles with car seats and don't want them feeling jammed in. Qashqai isn't huge car but is spacious enough for us all. Boot space looks about the same shape, but bigger in the T-Roc.

Also, what the ride like on the 19's? The Qashqai has 19's and its not too bad. Can get bit bumpy on rough ground.

Thanks and hello. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome donnyboy. You can compare boot dimensions, vehicle v vehicle as well as overall dimensions, and many other specifications here at:

www.automobiledimensions.com

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi donnyboy. I have an R-Line 1.5TSI EVO DSG. I find the ride absolutely fine with the 19 inch wheels and sport suspension. Just make sure if you buy one that the tyres are at the correct pressures as mine were not properly inflated when I first checked after purchase. Its a pleasure to drive. Responsive, economical and fits the bill for me whether cruising on the motorway, driving around town or on urban roads. Some road surfaces do generate more tyre noise than others but generally its not a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello donnyboy! Be careful on boot capacity - the listed capacity specification is 445 litres, but this assumes a space saver spare wheel. Without the space saver wheel the T-Roc boot size is very disappointing. There is a separate thread "Boot floor" on this here on the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replies.

Went to VW at the weekend. They had a red R-Line with black roof. I loved it...............wife didn't!! Great looking car and roomy enough.

The boot looked fine. They had a 4Motion SEL too, and the boot wouldn't go lower than the top height setting. It also had a full size spare I think.

She wants a Tiguan SEL, but wasn't so keen when she seen the figures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
donnyboy said:
Looking at an R line 1.5 EVO for the wife.

How are they space wise in the back? Have 2 Toddles with car seats and don't want them feeling jammed in. Qashqai isn't huge car but is spacious enough for us all. Boot space looks about the same shape, but bigger in the T-Roc.

Also, what the ride like on the 19's? The Qashqai has 19's and its not too bad. Can get bit bumpy on rough ground.

Thanks and hello. :)
I have twin girls. I have also had the second gen Nissan QQ. I have also had the latest Tiguan r-line.
We traded in our QQ for the tig.
I found the boot space in the QQ just right for us when going on holiday etc.
As you know the boot space on the tig is brilliant, although I only ever had two school bags in on the school run :D
I have not seen the roc in person yet but hoping it's not to far off the QQ.
I do miss the boot space in the QQ as at the moment we are both driving Toyota Yaris.
In saying that, I would never buy another Nissan again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Negativepitch, as said before - consider T-Roc with space saver spare wheel only, not full size spare, if you want boot space.
As a matter of interest - why do you say you would not buy a Nissan again!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Also wondering about the Nissan. Prior to this T-Roc, my first ever VW, I've only ever had Volvo (3) and Nissan (4). Never had a bad Nissan (had 1 bad Volvo).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Lanod said:
Hello Negativepitch, as said before - consider T-Roc with space saver spare wheel only, not full size spare, if you want boot space.
As a matter of interest - why do you say you would not buy a Nissan again!
13 times into dealers within two and a half years.
This is a copy and paste from elsewhere as I am formatting my Mac hardrive so I have missed some other things from the list.

Dead faulty car battery, '
system fault code kept coming up.
Hill start assist would not release and had to drive around for a day with it on and had to have a new module fitted.
Loud rattle in dash, from air ducting, dash out again. mechanic said its the worst design he as ever come across, the air ducting is just free floating with no supports.
Dash out (for the third time) as something or another had come lose in it.
Left hand side exhaust mount had completely snapped off and had to have a new one welded back on. I collected the car, as I pulled off from the dealer, the rear seatbelt warning light would not go off, turned around and straight back into dealer
Something hitting the passenger window inside the door, panel /door card taken off.
Hill start assist failed for the third time, and needed another new module fitted.
Longest the car was in was for 5 weeks.
Chrome plastic trim discolouring around the windows on both sides and had to be replaced and a chrome strip I had fitted on the front lower grill fell off.
The small info screen (the one that sits in the middle if the speedo/revs) replaced twice as well as the plastic 'glass' that covers it replaced twice and was tolled by one of the service desk staff that we were not the first ones who had started coming in with it
New wing mirror twice crunching gears and would not fold all the way in on drivers side. first replacement was a used mirror and scratched that they tried to get away with.
Faulty front sensor recall, the sensors pick up heavy rain and mistake it to warn of the city brake. no full fix by nissan, as they were still working on it.
Interior side panel in boot warp causing it to pop out of its mounting clips by four inches.
loud chinking sound in drivers door which turned out to be a lose part on the anti theft device in the door, door panel apart off.
auto head lights staying on all the time in daylight, had to turn them off manually until fixed, part of the 5 week stay with nissan.
Left hand gas strut on the boot failed then on the right at a later date.
mudflaps fitted and screws fell out.
drivers window dropping slightly on uneven roads.
Rattle from air vents, common problem, well documented, no fix on the first production cars. I was the first car to come in with this and they had to contact Nissan uk so Nissan U.K. Could generate a part number for it as it was so new.
I had a vibration noise from day one that they could not locate it, not mechanical, but very loud when pulling off from cold on an incline.
hill start assist packed in again part of the 5 week stay.
A bolt in the engine bay sheer off.
other small bits and bobs, door sill guards both scratched when installing and came unstuck.
rear seat arm rest stopped pulling fully down.
steering making a groaning noise, it was a plastic collet that is used instead of a metal one the mechanic told me that needed lubricating.
other small stuff that I cannot quite remember.
The Aircon (they tried re-gassing it) packed in just before we part exed it.
And even more funny, we see it driving around as the new owner lives on our new estate which was built...poor bloke.
If you google Nissan QQ petrol engines they were having problems at one time with the heads going. It was sorted out after though. If you also google Nissan QQ problems it will bring up owners reviews and some recent ones where they say they would also never buy another one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow negative pitch
I've never had a Nissan and after reading your tale of woe I never will ""
I wish you more luck with whatever car you buy 👍

·
Registered
402 Posts
Weird, that's (way, way) more faults with one car than I've had in 40 years. I had two QQ (1st & 2nd gen, 1.2 digt nteka no probs). Got two friends who currently have QQ, no probs. Are they all made in Sunderland, UK, or do some come from elsewhere?

·
Registered
157 Posts
We have never had a car like it either and could not wait to get shot of it as we were just waiting all the time for something else to go. We wanted to get shot before the warranty ran out.
"These is true".....we were on first name terms at the dealers and the head mechanic had worked on our car the first time around and then after the car was always given to him.
We got to know each other so well we used to chat about our families on some of the test runs :)
We tried to return the car but they offered us 14 grand for it..cheeky gits.
We had a Renault grand scenic for eight years before it and hardly any problems. landrover freelander and freelander sport, Toyota Yaris and a Yaris sport which my wife drives at the moment and have only ever had pads and discs and battery, bulbs replaced on it.
We have had the new tig r line which we had some problems with in the first three weeks and we thought after all we had been through with the QQ there was no way we were going to go there again so we rejected the car which our dealer fully understood and was brilliant over it.
We ordered another one there and then and when it came it had been damaged on delivery. So we cut our losses and had a refund as we had paid cash.
Since then around a year and a half ago we have been looking around and did look at the F Pace but it wasn't for us, since then we have not found anything that takes our fancy.
We have now decided to save a whad of cash and downsize hence the roc.
Will miss all the toys we had on the tig as we had quite a lot.
Anyone want to buy a car from us.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.