Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read in various reviews that state the R Line suspension is hard and spoils the ride quality of the T Roc on the non 4Motion vehicles. Also dynamic chassis control is not available as an option because it comes with sports suspension.

So was wondering if anyone with the R Line that is not a 4Motion can give their views on the quality of the ride.

4Motion T Roc get a multi-link suspension and all the rest have torsion beam so they ride differently.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been driving the 1.5 manual R-line for 4 months and with the 19 inch wheels it is a firm ride but certainly not uncomfortable. It certainly doesn't spoil the ride. I find it pleasant to drive, probably better that my previous mk 7 golf GT.

I had, (still have), a problem with the tyre pressure monitors on all 4 wheels and am currently waiting for a replacement car, due to arrive in the next couple of weeks, but one thing the dealer did to try and identify the problem was to swap the wheels for 17 inchers. This did give a slightly softer ride, but now the 19 inchers are back on and I don't really notice the difference as I'm use to it again.

I find the car very responsive, good driving position and the 1.5 engine is smooth and has plenty of power.

Ian H

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would echo what Ian H has said. No problem with the r-line suspension or 19" wheels. After 4 months of ownership my experience would mirror the car Ian has. No problem with TPMS however.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I currently drive a Golf GT with the DCC suspension, so just a bit concerned about the 1.5 TSI R line when it has a torsion beam rear suspension.

I was think of the 2.0 TSI 4Motiion but the increase is price make it Tiguan teritory. Therefore making the T Roc expensive

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm a bit confused as I'm expecting an R-Line and I've ordered DCC as an option as I currently have this on my Golf GTI - hope I'm not about to have a "chat" with the dealer 😳

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
This option was never shown as available on the price list but it was previously an option on the configurator. I have double checked the price list as of 01/11 and it shows this

Font Technology Parallel Screenshot Number

I have also just tried the newly reinstated configurator. When you now click to add this as an option to the r line it shows this

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

I have tried on the sel model and it allows it to be added. Think it might be worth checking with your dealer, it may well be it was available at the time you ordered and could be fitted and has since been removed but definitely worth a call.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, that's me on the phone tomorrow then 😳

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I also have ordered an R with DCC. The car is status 5a, it has been built and is waiting shipment to the UK. I asked the dealer this morning about it and I have just received an email from them that contains a .PDF from VW that shows the cars VIN number as well as the options which were included with the vehicle. DCC is on the list. I do not know if this means I do not get the sport suspension which is standard or if DCC replaces that with another suspension system. The VW website is so clear that this combination is not available it leaves me a little confused but I will hope for the best as we definitely want DCC on the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi TEGold, looks like you and I are in the same situation, it was probably an option when we ordered. I'm currently awaiting a call back from the dealer so will let you know if we're "lucky" or not. I'd rather have DCC but if not then I will be renegotiating the Finance as the price will come down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
claireb said:
Hi TEGold, looks like you and I are in the same situation, it was probably an option when we ordered. I'm currently awaiting a call back from the dealer so will let you know if we're "lucky" or not. I'd rather have DCC but if not then I will be renegotiating the Finance as the price will come down.
Hi Claire,

That is the only thing that makes sense to me but it makes me very curious about the suspension we would be getting? Could be the sport or does it revert back to the standard non R Line suspension? I will be interested in what you are told!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just spoken to the dealer and they have still got the DCC on the order, no notes to say that it's not gone on there 😁.

Bad news is that's it's not on a ship yet 😞

·
Registered
985 Posts
@TEGold and @claireb - be interested to find out what you actually have got fitted to your R-Line's when you get them. I've just ordered mine, and couldn't specify the DCC - which was one particular aspect I wanted.

The one thing that's bugging me though - given the TRoc is still a relatively new model - is WHY they have removed it from the configuration. Does that mean that R-Line's ordered earlier this year may have smaller 18" wheels and DCC whereas later models have the 19" wheels and Sports Suspension (and then I don't understand WHY they may have taken it off - was it because of issues? Or was it a mistake on the configurator in the first place?) As I say be interested to find the answer out to the conundrum.

Just out of interest - Has anyone on the forum taken delivery of an R-Line with DCC that we know of???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hawkeye said:
@TEGold and @claireb - be interested to find out what you actually have got fitted to your R-Line's when you get them. I've just ordered mine, and couldn't specify the DCC - which was one particular aspect I wanted.

The one thing that's bugging me though - given the TRoc is still a relatively new model - is WHY they have removed it from the configuration. Does that mean that R-Line's ordered earlier this year may have smaller 18" wheels and DCC whereas later models have the 19" wheels and Sports Suspension (and then I don't understand WHY they may have taken it off - was it because of issues? Or was it a mistake on the configurator in the first place?) As I say be interested to find the answer out to the conundrum.

Just out of interest - Has anyone on the forum taken delivery of an R-Line with DCC that we know of???
I think that is the big question. Assuming that my dealers information to me (which included the VIN number) then my car does indeed have DCC but... what suspension system will it have?. If it is the sports suspension (which is standard on R Line cars) then I will be a very happy camper. If it reverts to the standard suspension I will be ok with it but to me the suspension is a huge reason to move up to the R. I think that if there was to be a huge change such as not receiving the R suspension or not being built with DCC I should have been notified prior to being built.

I am not sure why the configurator has changed. It certainly is an interesting concern we have. I will post here when I know more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just tried building a R Line with DCC on the VW website. Now, for whatever reasons it is allowing DCC to be included. Perhaps someone just made a mistake by deeming it unavailable? I do think that the R Line suspension combined with DCC should make for an excellent driving experience!

·
Registered
985 Posts
TEGold said:
I just tried building a R Line with DCC on the VW website. Now, for whatever reasons it is allowing DCC to be included. Perhaps someone just made a mistake by deeming it unavailable? I do think that the R Line suspension combined with DCC should make for an excellent driving experience!
Indeed I just found the same - and as I want DCC (if it is available), just called my dealer to change my order.

Hmm. Not available to add as an option on the configuration that the dealer uses to put an order into VW. They are going to check though and if they can add it to my order let me know (although by the same respect, no call back means no they can't).

I've also just downloaded the November Price List showing options etc - and in there it says you can't have DCC with Sports Suspension (same as before). So really I don't know if you can or can't. Grrrrr

·
Registered
41 Posts
I to thought about DCC being fitted when I ordered the T-ROC and it was an option on the configarator. I spoke to my car dealer whom I've know for years on his thoughts. and his remarks we're, save your £800 quid and enjoy the R Line car for what it is and was designed for. VW wouldnt build a car of this spec the wouldn't preform well. AND the difference would be moderate to say the very least. Hope he is right. Remember this car was designed by the man who designed the G T Golf :

·
Registered
376 Posts
I thought the R line came as standard with the sports suspension.
If the DCC is added then this option surely overrules the single (sports)suspension and adds it as part of the DCC package settings.
Sports, Comfort + 2 others
Is this not the case?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Correct sports comes as standard. Surposably add DCC to get a softer ride

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well no call back, so I guess DCC being put up as an option maybe is incorrect on the configurator, especially as, as I mentioned earlier, it still shows it as unavailable with the (standard) Sports Suspension on the R-Line in the (latest) November Price List.
Ah well, never mind, if it can't be added, it can't. Your dealer does make a good point @TN55 maybe just having the Sports Suspension is good enough on the R-Line, and to a large degree I'm inclined to agree with him - although having an option to soften it slightly would have been nice.

More though I'm wondering (given I've ordered a 2.0 TSi) when the 2.0 TSi engine will pass through WLTP testing so my order can progress, as it's not just the T-Roc, I can't find any models on the configurator with the 2.0l TSi engine as an option (yet).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.