Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
T-ROC Black Edition TSI EVO SA Blue
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new T-Roc Black Edition. The Infotainment system does not display radio station logos that I desire although they were displayed on my older (4years) Golf and Polo. VW says that this is a fault of the radio companies not the manufacturers. Has anyone encountered and in fact overcome this preoblem?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
That's a good question 🤔

This is normal, however the older MIB2 system you could put them on via SD card or USB pen drive but a apparently it couldn't be done on the newer MIB2.5 or MIB3 units.
Those units don't have SD card slots & apparently it couldn't be done via the USB-C sockets.

I don't know if things have changed since then ie software fixes?

MIB2.5/3 owners should be a long shortly 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good question 🤔

This is normal, however the older MIB2 system you could put them on via SD card or USB pen drive but a apparently it couldn't be done on the newer MIB2.5 or MIB3 units.
Those units don't have SD card slots & apparently it couldn't be done via the USB-C sockets.

I don't know if things have changed since then ie software fixes?

MIB2.5/3 owners should be a long shortly 🤷‍♂️
How do I find out which MIB unit I have? I know that there is no SD socket but there is a USB C.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
You "don't" have the MIB2 then which is the one you can "definitely" add the logos via USB & sd card.

Best to wait for responses from MIB2.5/3 members.

I think the MIB2.5 units appeared in T-Rocs built towards the end of 2019 & then MIB3 units took over sometime in 2020 onwards? (approximately, before someone corrects me)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I collected my T-ROC in September 2021 and it was new so I suspect that it has MIB3 unless they sold me a very old car - highly unlikely. I'll wait till MIB3 members respond.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
... I think the MIB2.5 units appeared in T-Rocs built towards the end of 2019 & then MIB3 units took over sometime in 2020 onwards ...
I wasn't aware that there was an MIB2.5 version. What information do you base this on @Vernerbongo2 and do you know what the differences are from the MIB2 ?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is also an mib3 and i did nothing special to get the logos on the screen. Not sure if you need an internet connection for this and if the situation is different for the UK. Mine is in NL.

Audio equipment Font Vehicle audio Display device Gadget

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
IFIK the MIB3 units will automatically update radio logos for FM and DAB stations but this does take some time. As you will see below, 'Autoselect station logos' has to be selected. To do this, first select Radio mode, then select the radio band (FM or DAB, you may have to do it for each but not sure about internet radio), then tap the settings cog and look for the option (possibly have to select Advanced options first). I don't have an MIB3 unit so I'm guessing a bit between the MIB2 and the owner's manual for car with MIB3. On the MIB2, there are also options to display radio text and activate RDS etc. but these aren't mentioned in the owner's manual.

The following is from the 2021 (MIB3) edition of the owner's manual ;

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

Not sure if this will be OTA using the onboard SIM card or if the owner has to provide a separate internet connection.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been chasing We Connect and they replied yesterday with the good news of a software upgrade. However when I put in my details the response was that an upgrade was not available for me. Why do they sell cars with a capacity for radio logos that will not appear?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts