Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I ordered my SEL back in November, and two weeks later the wife said she would have liked a rear view camera fitted because of the smaller rear window that she was used to in our polo!
So I added the camera to our order, we waited till march 1st to get an 18 plate car, a camera had been fitted, but I was disappointed to find that it was not the factory fitted VW under badge one that I expected, but an after market one that is fitted just above the number plate, not even the official one, the view wasn't that good eather,
I have complained about it and the salesman agreed with me, that it was not good enough, we payed £175.00 for a factory fitted one , but was told because of the two week difference between the original order and me adding the optional extra, that it was to late to be fiited at the factory, so the VW dealer had fitted an after market one instead, at the moment if I want the official under the badge one I have been told it would cost about £495, to be fitted at the dealership !,
May I say the salesman who is dealing with us has been very good and can't be faulted, if any body has any thoughts on this let me know.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You should have least have been informed and given the choice. As it stands I'd say you have grounds to reject the vehicle (but then you'd have a huge wait) or get a refund of what you paid. Years ago I bought a Qashqai that had been built without one of the options I wanted being fitted. I was given the choice to accept a refund on the option or reject the car. I chose the latter. They actually let me keep & drive that car until the new-build (with the correct option) arrived (about 2 months).

·
Registered
68 Posts
If the order for the factory camera was accepted, then VW or the dealer screwed up and they should fit it at no extra cost.

You contracted for it and they should deliver it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update to my previous post, After I complained that the camera was not factory fitted, the manager of the main agent agreed with me and has ordered a new car for me :) with camera fitted, and was very apologetic and admitted it was there mistake
as it clearly states on the order form that I wanted a factory fitted rear view camara
The only trouble is that because of the new emission legislation it won't be delivered until September or even December :?:

·
Registered
402 Posts
When Nissan mucked up my order on a Qashqai they let me keep the mucked up car until the new one was ready. Your dealer ought to do that with you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am currently using my original t-rock until the new one is delivered, and have been told all I would pay is about £200 for the mileage that I use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought I was in for a long wait but had some good news about the replacement Roc I have been waiting for, they found one for me in another dealership, complete with factory fitted rear camara, running boards, etc, so I am very pleased with VW Harlow, and would like to thank every body for the help I was given. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
The rear view camera is really good. A bit scary when you see close you can get when using park assist though ;) I am now envious of the all round cameras the new Tiguan has for an option - might have gone for that if available for the T-Roc

The other thing is to get used to is the noise of the rear boot catch popping back into place once you park.

Glad to see some are getting good news at last. let's hope it continues and the wait times start to drop

·
Registered
402 Posts
The camera is the best reversing camera I've had. I'm not a fan of "all round", the Qashqai had a 360 view and I hated it (VW may do it better). I like the straight behind view with the guiding lines and in conjunction with the overlay of the parking sensor I find it very useable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts