Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Impala said:
Is there a difference between the rear seat backrest and latch mechanism on the R and other models ?

Just wondering if this issue could affect the other trims/models.
are all the same

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the issue on my T Roc R line it's a creaky sort of knock.
Have stripped out the rear parcel shelf, boot floor, spare wheel and jack but it's still there.
Doesn't go away with 2 adults in the back, if was a seat latch I would expect it to maybe??

It's in for 1st service in a couple of weeks so will see what they say in the meantime it's sooooo annoying

·
Registered
466 Posts
Bosscat said:
Doesn't go away with 2 adults in the back, if was a seat latch I would expect it to maybe??
You'd have thought so &#x1f937-2642;

Have you tried it with both seats down or tried the 60% side down on its own & 40% side down on its own 🤔

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bosscat said:
I have the issue on my T Roc R line it's a creaky sort of knock.
Have stripped out the rear parcel shelf, boot floor, spare wheel and jack but it's still there.

It's in for 1st service in a couple of weeks so will see what they say in the meantime it's sooooo annoying
Have you tried the trick with the insulating tape? I have just done it, and after a year of creaks and knocks, now ...... silence !
Worth a try ..?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am taking it that is is the drivers side? Have you folded the seat down to check whether it stops? I did that and silence ensued. I paid enough for the car so VW can sort the issue..

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am taking it that is is the drivers side? Have you folded the seat down to check whether it stops? I did that and silence ensued. I paid enough for the car so VW can sort the issue..
Took my car to dealer yesterday. They did a full update of the infotainment software and looked at the rear seat latch. They recognised the problem and have ordered the part. Need to go back in a couple of weeks to have it fitted. Would encourage others to get it fixed as it seems to be a known problem and not right on a £40K VW

On a side note. They had aTiguanR - I didn’t like the look of it - didn’t look very sporty. They had an Arteon R and that was very nice.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi
What changes has the infotainment software update made?
Wireless phone connection (should be) more reliable. Kept disconnecting.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts