Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Get both sides removed, I personally don't think it adds anything.
Also if it's coming off rather than your dealer fixing it (new one) get them to take both off instead 😉😏

I think maybe I've misinterpreted this?
It's the corner trim & not the vinyl graphics 🙈🤷‍♂️
It's a dealer job.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Just to confirm, it's the slim black trim that runs below the roof line & near panel?
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Perhaps either the surfaces not clean or there was a problem with temperature/humidity when these were applied.

·
Registered
T Roc Active 2022 1.5 TSI 150 hp in Flash Red and Black
38 Posts
Mine are chrome as i have an Active but have been fine, i have had to have one door sill protector replaced which was done under warranty which rose up so i am assuming the adhesive had failed. Also have had to have the stereo surround replaced which was cracked on delivery

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are the chrome ones metal or the plastic chrome? Its the sticky bit as you can push it back but then springs back, I going to take it back when the service is due in May as one of the trims has a discoloured section (looks like an orange flash) which I never noticed until giving it a wash the 2nd time.

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
If you can live with it for now, the best thing to do is to have both sides repaired/replaced at your May service, but give the dealer advance notice as they may need to order parts if this is not a common repair.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are the chrome ones metal or the plastic chrome? Its the sticky bit as you can push it back but then springs back, I going to take it back when the service is due in May as one of the trims has a discoloured section (looks like an orange flash) which I never noticed until giving it a wash the 2nd time.
both are metal (chrome or black),can you take a picture in more detail?

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
both are metal (chrome or black),can you take a picture in more detail?
Maybe ... but if it is peeling then it sounds like it is wrapped, perhaps built at a time of parts shortages

Maybe just a poor description in the OP and a close up photo would certainly help

·
Registered
441 Posts
Maybe ... but if it is peeling then it sounds like it is wrapped, perhaps built at a time of parts shortages

Maybe just a poor description in the OP and a close up photo would certainly help
the two are of metal,this piece has a black rubber included to avoid contact with the paint, as it is made of metal and would damage the paint.

·
Registered
441 Posts
According to the workshop manual those trims are stuck on and will need to be replaced as they will be damaged if they
have to be removed
you're right, this piece if removed is unusable having to always be a new one has to be placed,
I warn you that it is quite difficult to remove, being careful when removing it so as not to damage the paint, you must start removing at the end closest to the rear light

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you're right, this piece if removed is unusable having to always be a new one has to be placed,
I warn you that it is quite difficult to remove, being careful when removing it so as not to damage the paint, you must start removing at the end closest to the rear light
I am going to the dealer when the service is due in May, they are plastic and it does look like there ia a rubber thing between it and the paint.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
I am going to the dealer when the service is due in May, they are plastic and it does look like there ia a rubber thing between it and the paint.
Maybe double sided foam adhesive strip?
Yes it's doing no harm, time enough at next service & you may have other queries by then? But hopefully not 😁

Reactions: the technician

·
Registered
441 Posts
The tchnician,this molding it's not plastic,but metal, unless aluminum is no longer a metal, this part has the vw number 2GA 853 346 G in your case,and the chrome 2GA 853 346 E,i don't think you'll have any problems and it's not taking off.For your knowledge, this parts has two models for the same number/letter and has to do with the climate where the car is going and in the case of the black color (not painted) this is achieved by anodizing the aluminum.I think what you think is coming off is the small rubber membrane that isn't glued,that's how it is.This piece has two double sided foam adhesive strip inside that will stick to the bodyside of the car

Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive exterior Door Bumper
Hood Triangle Rectangle Electric blue Plastic
Yellow Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive exterior
Bag Automotive tire Rectangle Electric blue Rim

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 20 of 33 Posts