Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I checked the trims with the good old fashioned way with my teeth :) and yes they are metal!! I was convinced they were plastic when you touch them, This might explain the orangey flash I have on one must be the anodising not covering correctly.
I have it booked for its service in May and they are going to have a look at the trims as well. :)

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Well I checked the trims with the good old fashioned way with my teeth :) and yes they are metal!! I was convinced they were plastic when you touch them, This might explain the orangey flash I have on one must be the anodising not covering correctly.
I have it booked for its service in May and they are going to have a look at the trims as well. :)
When are you getting your teeth fixed 🤔🤷‍♂️😂😁

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think that the problem has been caused by the addition of the 'sticky backed plastic' decal on the 'c' pillar. I would presume that it goes around the 'c' pillar and under part of where the rear trim fits, thereby interfering with the tolerance for a close sticky fit over the full width of the trim. Air, water, dirt gets in to the small gap (being caused by the decal thickness) and the bond breaks. Also, trim like that usually has a bit of spring in it that trys to remove itself, so any reduction in the designed stick could result in de-bonding.
Maybe wrong, but would seem a probable cause.

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I think that the problem has been caused by the addition of the 'sticky backed plastic' decal on the 'c' pillar. I would presume that it goes around the 'c' pillar and under part of where the rear trim fits, thereby interfering with the tolerance for a close sticky fit over the full width of the trim. Air, water, dirt gets in to the small gap (being caused by the decal thickness) and the bond breaks. Also, trim like that usually has a bit of spring in it that trys to remove itself, so any reduction in the designed stick could result in de-bonding.
Maybe wrong, but would seem a probable cause.
If correct, then you'd expect quite a few similar cars with the same problem. Will be interesting to hear how the dealer reacts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Impala. Not too sure about this 'new' forum usage, clicked 'quote' on your post but not sure that it will, because it's not showing in reply box, mmmm.
Anyway, I don't recall seeing many 'Rocs having this decal (although quite a few 'inferior' Audi Q2's seem to have them 😀), but may be just around here. However, I would expect the dealer to say along the lines of 'you're the first ever, and we've never heard of kangarooing or latest infotainment problems either'...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi Impala. Not too sure about this 'new' forum usage, clicked 'quote' on your post but not sure that it will, because it's not showing in reply box, mmmm.
Anyway, I don't recall seeing many 'Rocs having this decal (although quite a few 'inferior' Audi Q2's seem to have them 😀), but may be just around here. However, I would expect the dealer to say along the lines of 'you're the first ever, and we've never heard of kangarooing or latest infotainment problems either'...
I think it is only the Black Edition that has the decals, thats why I posted to see if any others were having this problem?

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I was aware that only the black edition would have these decals, but (surprisingly for me) there have been quite a few forum members showing interest in the black edition, so I assumed that they would be quite popular.

For @RedRoc , you will see there is a smal + symbol beside Quote and this allows you to combine multiple quotes in your reply. It toggles On/Off and when clicked, the symbol changes to -. Frankly I found this confusing too and not quite sure it is of much benefit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
For @RedRoc , you will see there is a smal + symbol beside Quote and this allows you to combine multiple quotes in your reply. It toggles On/Off and when clicked, the symbol changes to -. Frankly I found this confusing too and not quite sure it is of much benefit.
Thanks Impala. I don't think it will be something I will be using - well not now I know its not what I thought it was for 🙂.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think it is only the Black Edition that has the decals, thats why I posted to see if any others were having this problem?
no, the Beats version (package) also has a carbon imitation decal, currently your decal is no longer placed, and now the black package has the carbon imitation decal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
UPDATE.
I have my service booked for the begining of May and took the car to the dealer to have a look and see if they need to order parts so they can do the work when its in for a service. They are going to replace the trims, also asked if they had come accross the problem before which they said they had not so feeling better once its been sorted, it will stay sorted and not happen again!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts