Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen this on a Tiguan forum. Seems that there is a problem with engine covers catching fire (what!!!). Anyway, the recall letter that someone attached said it included T-Roc's, so thought I'd mention.
Done a search on the good old Google but not found much. There was a Euro Recall site that was very good but I can't remember it's name. VW letter below

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think this must be the new spongey engine covers not the older hard plastic?

Reactions: Seal

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Funnily enough there's a 2021 tiguan for sale at a local dealership & there's no engine cover on one of the photos.
That possibly explains it & it's not a pretty sight 🤷‍♂️

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive design Car
=

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a .gov website to check if uk registered cars have recall notices against them.

Just checked mine and nothing came up

·
Registered
313 Posts
Government web site 2019 no recall.
2020, 2021, 2022 there is a recall.
Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I notice the recall date is only 4 weeks ago (22-03) and the letter is dated 12-04, so I guess these letters have only just started being issued. The letter says it applies to T-Roc, Golf, Passat, Tiguan and Arteon and if it is all engine types that will amount to a lot of cars, so VW will probably be staggering the recall letters so as not to overwhelm the dealers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking at the recall notice on the .gov.uk site, the number of cars affected is about 7600 across all the models and years (not clear if that is just uk or in total). Presumably the biggest proportion will be Golfs based relative sales. Also, whilst 7600 is quite a big number, it is probably only a small fraction of the total number of Golfs, T-rocs, Tiguans and Arteons sold in 2020, 21 and 22. Of course, that is small consolation if yours is one of the vehicle affected.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is true there is a problem with this part, but only on 2.0 gasoline engines (T-Roc 2.0 and T-Roc R),at this moment the dellers are responsible for the replacement and placement of this part,these versions are currently leaving the factory without the engine cover.

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Thanks for the extra clarity @Seal

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
I wonder does that mean those cars will never get a cover 🤔🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
313 Posts
It is true there is a problem with this part, but only on 2.0 gasoline engines (T-Roc 2.0 and T-Roc R),at this moment the dellers are responsible for the replacement and placement of this part,these versions are currently leaving the factory without the engine cover.
Hi Seal
I have a 2.0 TSI 190 with the hard plastic cover. It certainly isn’t loose you have to pull it quite hard to remove it.
is there anything I should be looking for with the cover??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Seal
I have a 2.0 TSI 190 with the hard plastic cover. It certainly isn’t loose you have to pull it quite hard to remove it.
is there anything I should be looking for with the cover??
Hi Peterh, you don't have problems with your cover.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Seal
I only took it off a few weeks ago and it was difficult to remove it was firm on all four mounting points. My cover is the hard plastic one

·
Registered
441 Posts
the search to reduce costs sometimes has these things, cheaper material equals to problems,for example see the difference, the engine cover of the old 1.5 and the new cover of the new 1.5 (in soft material) will come out soon,and without vacuum pump
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part
Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

• Haha

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Apologies if I misunderstand @Seal , but are you saying the second photo above is the new 'cover' ? It looks like there is no cover at all other than around the oil filler.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Apologies if I misunderstand @Seal , but are you saying the second photo above is the new 'cover' ? It looks like there is no cover at all other than around the oil filler.
That's exactly what @Seal is saying 😁

That's some cover 😂🤣
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system Auto part

·
Registered
441 Posts
Right, it is a little piece of soft material

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Like a postage stamp but cheaper 😆😅😂

• Haha
1 - 20 of 29 Posts