Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,824 Posts
Are they trying to turn customers off the brand? Because that’s the way they are headed with this nonsense. Do they even understand their own brand? VW used to be known and bought for its attention to detail and nice trims. This is just stupid. Plastic is cheap. Dirt cheap. And even cheaper when produced in bulk like VW will get it.

Just about everything in a Skoda looks and feels nicer these days as a result of this. Are they trying to reposition VW as the budget brand in the group?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are they trying to turn customers off the brand? Because that’s the way they are headed with this nonsense. Do they even understand their own brand? VW used to be known and bought for its attention to detail and nice trims. This is just stupid. Plastic is cheap. Dirt cheap. And even cheaper when produced in bulk like VW will get it.

Just about everything in a Skoda looks and feels nicer these days as a result of this. Are they trying to reposition VW as the budget brand in the group?
That is exactly my thoughts. Compare the finish of the Skoda Kamiq with the T-Roc or T-Cross. Kamiq has soft touch materials, a much bigger options list and overall quality feel. What are VW thinking? The Mk2 T-Roc goes some way to redressing the difference but nowhere near far enough for cars that easily cost £30k plus. Take a look at the inside of the Volvo XC40 it oozes quality and is in the same price area as the upper spec T-Roc’s!

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Totally agree, and along with my dislike of the new look, when I start looking for my next car in the coming 12 to 18 months I will be looking at other brands. I've been a loyal VW buyer for 25 years, sometimes with 2 or 3 VW cars at a time in the family, and they are going backwards as a brand.

• Wow
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
56 Posts
The letter says ‘engine compartment cover’. That’s not the same as engine cover? Isn’t it?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi
Having read it again it is a bit vague really
ENGINE COMPARTMENT
COVERS COULD COME LOOSE
FROM THEIR ATTACHMENT

1. You could say the bonnet is an engine compartment cover.
2. The black insulation material on the underside of the bonnet are they talking about that.
3. is it the black plastic cover fixed to the engine that they are talking about?
4. Also it says covers are they talking about more than 1 thing???

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
The letter says ‘engine compartment cover’. That’s not the same as engine cover? Isn’t it?
I spotted that too, but as there is no longer a sound proofing mat on the underside of the bonnet (in UK cars at least, although @peterh's comment suggests a sound proofing mat may still be fitted in Spain), the only ‘engine compartment cover’ would be the bonnet itself ... hardly likely to catch fire.

I think this is just down too poor english grammar, while referring to 'covers' is probably due to their being a variety of cover part numbers across the engines and vehicles affected.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Funnily enough there's a 2021 tiguan for sale at a local dealership & there's no engine cover on one of the photos.
That possibly explains it & it's not a pretty sight 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 4255 =

Hi
This is the new Gen4 2.0 engine it’s also the higher output Gen4 not the 190ps

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi
Yes my T-Roc has the black insulation under the bonnet.
it’s surprised me buying a VW in Spain it worked out considerably cheaper than it would have been in the U.K. It came with the reversing camera as standard, Key less entry system standard, floor mats standard they threw in the boot liner, I got a full tank of petrol and I mean full, tyre warranty for free. There was a very good discount on the asking price as well. A free inspection at a year old where they fill the oil up to the full mark if needed, washer bottle etc all free.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts