Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
I totally agree, looks very Untidy 🙈
Will be interesting to see if owners get a replacement.

I would like to know what has changed from previous vw's with the 2 litre petrol engine with engine cover and now 🤔🤷‍♂️
Cheaper materials with less heat resistance, that’s what changed. VW and their penny pinching gone too far.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Cheaper materials with less heat resistance, that’s what changed. VW and their penny pinching gone too far.
The actual DVSA recall text states that the engine cover can come loose.

I take that to mean that after coming loose, the cover then can come into contact with a heat source (eg exhaust, but not actually mentioned). So the issue is with the fixing of the cover, and if the fixing was secure there would have been no recall.

As I understand from previous posts in this discussion, the engine cover is just clipped into place, perhaps by plastic lugs moulded into the cover. Presumably these could either be too weak or break/crack during fitting/removal, in which case the plastic material could be to blame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A brief flash on this problem from Italy. The problem has been published in several magazines but without details except that in general more than 100,000 cars of VW group are involved between 2020 and 2022. Today I was in VW for a level check after the first 1500km and I asked for information. It seems that not all cars of that period are affected by the problem and in any case VW should send written communication to interested customers for retrofit.
From what I have been told the problem involves cars with hybrid TSI engine and the TSI 2lt, as someone had already said. In any case, with my chassis number, up to now, there Is no recall for this issue. ( Style 1.5 DSG 2022 new edition).
Greetings to all.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts