Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've had numerous issues with my car since taking delivery 3 weeks ago. The most concerning being that sometimes when I take the key out the ignition, the car remains on and I cannot get the key back into the ignition to turn it off. I had VW breakdown come out and it took him about 20 minutes to get the key back in the ignition and told me that VW need to repair it as it was only a short term fix. I take it to VW and they tell me no fault was found? It's happened again once since then which I've managed to get the key back in after about 15 minutes of trying to force the key back in.

Now my auto hold is playing up. When I go to drove off after it's been on auto hold, the car simply won't go and makes a grinding noise, I then go to take the car out of gear and put it back in and it struggling to get into gear. I completely understand teathing problems but the first issue is quite concerning for me.

I love the car I think it's beautiful but I'm really considering rejecting it. The car is going back in next Thursday to be looked at but I don't hold much hope with them finding the ignition problem because they couldn't find it the first time round.

Am I being too hasty by rejecting it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
It's a massive decision to reject it and as you love the car I would give them another chance
Fault found or not, they must replace the ignition lock and as a guess the auto hold needs resetting somehow, it's mentioned on other threads so it seems to be a known problem
Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I totally agree with Newtroc, give them another chance to rectify the problem. When I had my teething problems the dealership couldn't bend over backwards far enough to help me out.
The auto hold should be a simple software update, as for the ignition problem, if it happens again, make a video of the trouble you're having and show it to the technician, it will give them a better understanding of what's happening.
They will get things sorted for you and you will be able to get back to enjoying your car again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Yes I agree not to reject .. Yet.
Make sure you keep records and dates, names of people spoken to etc. They will have to acknowledge that there's a problem eventually, assuming it continues to occur. The fact that a VW Employee experienced the defect means that, however the Dealer might try to fob you off, there is irrefutable proof... He was their representative.
If they need to keep the car under observation for any length of time, make sure you get a courtesy vehicle, similarly if you eventually have to reject the car, in my opinion, the Dealer will be under obligation to provide one until a replacement vehicle is provided no matter what the delay.
Good luck, be strong!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im absolutely furious. I've allowed VW to look at the car and they have had it since Tuesday morning. They've drove the car a grand total of 3 miles and advised me they are unable to replicate the fault so they are unable to do anything unless they can see the fault for themselves.

The attitude of the service manager was absolute appalling. Basically he didn't really believe what I was saying even though I have video proof. He's taking the car home with him tonight and back to VW in the morning which is a 26 mile round trip.

What would you suggest I do now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Laurenb92 said:
Im absolutely furious. I've allowed VW to look at the car and they have had it since Tuesday morning. They've drove the car a grand total of 3 miles and advised me they are unable to replicate the fault so they are unable to do anything unless they can see the fault for themselves.

The attitude of the service manager was absolute appalling. Basically he didn't really believe what I was saying even though I have video proof. He's taking the car home with him tonight and back to VW in the morning which is a 26 mile round trip.

What would you suggest I do now?
If you decide to go down the route of rejecting it, depending where you are in the current length of ownership I would pop along to your citizens advice.
There is also a template letter you can print off as well.
I have rejected two tig r lines and it was really straight forward and also dolphin on here has also rejected his tig.
I'm not sure if I still have a copy of my rejection letter on my main Mac.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top