Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my SE1 ltr. in whit on Sunday last. I have now started to think about the reversing camera, can this be added after ordering. I have been told that my car is now in the country. I have not had time to ring the dealer and ask as yet. Is it just a matter of plugging the camera in to the radio, or, are there lots of other things to do to get this to work and therefor not possible as an after made fit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Factory fitted. Don't think dealer fitting is an option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it can be done. You need to fins someone who has a VAGcom connector and the right software. With this you can tell the car there is a camera fitted.

I've seen the program working. A guy has changed some things at my car:
- beep sound when closing or opening car
- 4 motion menu in the Discover radio
- run backlights in combination with DRL
- Comfortsignal from 3 times to 5 times
- in menu how many petrol is left
- in menu turn DRL on or off

I can't believe they are making 2 radio's: one with a camera connector en one without. The camera can be found at ebay. There is another thread about it on this forum.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks marcom. I think I saw that section. I had hoped that it was just to plug in & go. So it must all be a bit like Vauxhall, where you had to put the car on the computer for anything to be given permission to work. Hope VW have not gone as far as them though, as they had to send off for a code number and wait to see if it was given the ok to eventually supply that number,Dealer had to ask UK Head office who in turn had to ask Germany HO. They were very sniffy about anything being added after the car was built. My old Astra a 60 plate (just about to go) had no phone module or USB or DAB radio. They refused to even talk to Vauxhall about adding them, as they said they would not be given a code, as I had not owned the car from new. Though it was only 8 month old at the time, and had had one previous owner. They could not tell Vauxhall HO that I had forgotten to order those extras when I had ordered the car. So as you can see I was not a happy bunny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.