Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, my 2021 t-roc 1.5 have those two LED light but one of them isn’t working, does anyone know how I can turn it on?
I don’t have an Ambient light setting btw, also when I go into settings and change the dimness of the light it’s only the left side that changes the right side is still off.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Could be anything?
Loose connection
Faulty led bulb
Broken wire
Module fault?

Unless you're very handy, it's a mechanic or an auto electrician job 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
I assume you are talking about the 'reading' lights in the roof console. I wasn't aware that the brightness of those was adjustable, and it was only the footwell and door lighting which could be adjusted. Maybe I'm mistaken, or newer cars are different to mine, but if that is not the case then the fact that your left light brightness is varaible might suggest this is another aspect of the fault affecting the right side light.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
I assume you are talking about the 'reading' lights in the roof console. I wasn't aware that the brightness of those was adjustable, and it was only the footwell and door lighting which could be adjusted. Maybe I'm mistaken, or newer cars are different to mine, but if that is not the case then the fact that your left light brightness is varaible might suggest this is another aspect of the fault affecting the right side light.
I read it that way first but then caught on its the led strip on the door card 👌😉

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Agreed ... even if it means waiting until time for other work or service. It's not exactly a big deal, especially if it is the LED strip in the door trim as Vernerbongo suggests.

This isn't some mysterious setting in the infotainment menus, so I can't understand why people want to try fixing problems themselves while the car is still in warranty.

Reactions: the technician

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a problem with the interior light under the visor on the drivers side , it is hanging down and there doesn't seem any way of it clipping back in , it's been like that since new and I think i'll wait until the first service until I mention it unless someone on here can give me any idea how it clips back in .

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
More than likely a piece of plastic which forms a clip has broken off. If it is annoying you, why not just use a piece of masking tape or a large gubber band to hold it in place until you get it repaired in the workshop.

·
Registered
137 Posts
More than likely a piece of plastic which forms a clip has broken off. If it is annoying you, why not just use a piece of masking tape or a large gubber band to hold it in place until you get it repaired in the workshop.
I cant see anything behind the light at all it just seems to fit inside the roof lining , it only hangs down about 10mm and when the visor is up it pushes it back in so I can wait but it's doesn't say much about the workmanship does it ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It can be anything from loose contact to a broken light bulb. You need to check all possible variants to be able to choose only one and do something about it. I chose the same way when I needed to repair the car lighting in my old car. I didn’t know what had happened and needed to find out. I made a list of all possible reasons and started checking them all one by one. Eventually, I got to the one that was the true reason for the malfunctioning, and it was one small loose contact. The repair took a few minutes, but the search took more than five hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts