Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, back in November I ordered my T-ROC SEL and took advantage of the free running board offer for one of the first 1000 cars ordered, and I am very pleased with the improved look of the car,
I haven't had a puncture yet !, but does anybody know if the standard side jack will still work with running boards fitted, many thanks in advance :) .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no one seems to know if the side jack will still work with running boards fitted,
looks like know one else took up the free offer then! :?:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had the offer of the running boards as well as I ordered in October but I decided not to have them fitted.
I would imagine the jack would work ok, but just ask the dealer to confirm that

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too ordered a 1.5 SEL in Ravenna with Black Roof and Running Boards back in November and took delivery on March 1st.
Received notification from dealer after about 2 weeks that the jack supplied was not compatible with the running boards and needed to be swopped over with new one supplied. I believe that this is a recall from VW. Hope that this helps?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks billysteel, but i collected mine on the same day as you, and if I did have the wrong jack I would have thought I would have been notified by by now,
I hope !.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have thought of this in the previous post, but could you take a photo of your jack so I can compare it with mine, :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that billysteel, I have just had my replacement jack delivered by a VW manager, how's that for service !, :lol:
And it is the same as yours, it seems it is made for a Tiguan, I've had a good look and it seems the centre part of the jack is a bit longer than the standard one,
my car wasn't recalled though but I asked a manager at my local showroom if the standard jack would fit, which apparently it doesn't and she was kind enough to deliver it in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re the running boards and jack issues have u guys checked the security of the spare wheel, the jack is much bigger then the original and does not fit in the mouldings,we have this trouble on the wife's car,all VW say about it is just cut the mouldings to fit it surely this is a crap solution from a multi billion pound company

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.