Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I shall hopefully are collecting my new T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE in the New Year and was wondering if any of you had any experience of Running Boards fitted to their T-Rocs. I think they look great on the car but I have heard a report that they can make your trousers or tights if you wearing them, very dirty as your clothing drags on them as you step in and out of the car. Before splashing out on them (forgive the pun), I would be grateful to hear from anyone who can substantiate that claim.

Thanks

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG - White/Black

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I received running boards as a free added extra when the Troc was first released but I love them and think they add to the 'mini 4x4' look. I found them a bit annoying to climb over for the first few weeks but haven't had any issues with dirty trousers since! The people at the car wash seem to find them useful for cleaning the roof also...

I had to change my jack though at the dealer as apparently the standard troc jack doesn't work with running boards, I'm sure this has been sorted with the dealerships by now but worth mentioning.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi ,I tested a T-Roc with running boards and found they got in the way when getting in and out of the car.Ok if you are going to use the roof rack a lot and to wash the roof if you are a little short :) I dont think they are needed as this car is not one of the bigger cars but its personal choice.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dolphinfriendly 1012. Thanks for the input and ebay link... They do look good value. I wonder if they were "freebees" to early T-Roc customers who didn't want them fitted. I have decided not to rush into buying them just yet as I'm not convinced myself.
Feedback however, is still welcome folks. - Thanks

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG - White/Black

·
Registered
428 Posts
When I went with the Missus to view a T-roc at my local showroom the 'Display' model had these fitted and thought (still don't) they didn't enhance the appearance at all. That said, it's personal choice time so if it's what you want .....
Also, just be aware, as other people have indicated - after climbing in and out of the Demo a few times, we both remarked how we seemed to be 'wiping' the boards with our lower legs each time .. my dry-cleaning bills would go through the roof!! ..... not for me
Did place on order though :) but that was 1st September and no chance of delivery this side of April so probably, reluctantly cancelling 1st week in January :( . Figure they'll have to return my deposit after 4 months

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Swsgm30 et all. Thanks very much for your honest responses....

That's one of the advantages of a forum like this, we all have a voice and input our thoughts freely.

I have decided to save my £500+ on this occasion.. Cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well done, that money could have been used for something sensible, like better headlights, or at least go well towards them. I find that the headlights are not very good in the standard form, and need some better bulbs in light nighthawks, etc. That's comparing them against my old Astra Mk6 and they were complained about by people on the Astra Users Network site, and I didn't think they were bad.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi mvk. Are the bulbs upgradable then... if so what do folk recommend?

T-Roc 1.5Tsi SE DSG White/Black - In the UK (Grimsby) but still waiting for delivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts