Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So due to some miscommunication I ordered my T-Roc without the Satnav but with the Active info. Realising that carplay won't show the satnav on the active info and then almost renders it "useless" I talked to the dealer and we agreed to have the sat nav unit fitted once the t-roc is delivered (I missed the cutoff for having it done in the factory).

Now how ridiculous is that: They fitted it last week then noticed it doesn't work. They got in touch with VW and were then told that it currently doesn't work for the T-Roc and also the Polo. How does this make any sense? You buy it fitted from the factory, it works, you fit it afterwards and it doesnt...

I am so gutted right now because I am going on a long trip come May (Germany) and I really don't want to have to use my phone as a satnav and have a practically useless active infor display :((

Thought I'd let you guys know.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'll bet it's a software thing that it doesn't work - to make sure only dealers fit and update sat navs i'll bet they code them to the ECU or similar - in which case i'm surprised that VW have said it can't be done.

I'd get the dealer to speak direct to the factory, there must be a way a dealer can initialise the Sat Nav.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Superhero said:
So due to some miscommunication I ordered my T-Roc without the Satnav but with the Active info. Realising that carplay won't show the satnav on the active info and then almost renders it "useless" I talked to the dealer and we agreed to have the sat nav unit fitted once the t-roc is delivered (I missed the cutoff for having it done in the factory).

Now how ridiculous is that: They fitted it last week then noticed it doesn't work. They got in touch with VW and were then told that it currently doesn't work for the T-Roc and also the Polo. How does this make any sense? You buy it fitted from the factory, it works, you fit it afterwards and it doesnt...

I am so gutted right now because I am going on a long trip come May (Germany) and I really don't want to have to use my phone as a satnav and have a practically useless active infor display :((

Thought I'd let you guys know.
If it makes you feel any better I along with a good few on the Tiguan forum found it to be terrible and most preferred to use their phones.
This being the reason I didn't get it this time around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.