Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any tips for removing a scratch on my wing.Respraying the wing would be my last resort.Thanks in advance
Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hard to tell how deep that is from a photo 🤔

If it's not too deep a cutting compound should be able to take it out.
A bodyshop could give you advice & polish it out if it's possible? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Steve

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to tell how deep that is from a photo 🤔

If it's not too deep a cutting compound should be able to take it out.
A bodyshop could give you advice & polish it out if it's possible? 🤷‍♂️
It’s quite deep,Thanks for the advice 👍🏻

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
A good detailer might be able to apply the correct colour of paint and then blend it in with finest grades of polishing compound (eg Jeweller's rouge) before applying ceramic and wax coatings. I wouldn't say that the end resuly would be as good as a respray, but it might be worth making enquiries. A lot depends on the depth and how many layers of paint have been cut through.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You'll need to take that to a bodyshop for a quote as it's highly unlikely from looking at the photo's that that will cut out using compound, the main reason being you have metallic paint and it looks very much that that scratch has gone through the lacquer and taken the top off the orange paint underneath (although it looks like hasn't gone through the base coat fortunately). They of course will in all likelihood rub it down and re-spray it. You could possibly repair it yourself over a few weeks by filling with sprayed paint (applied using a modelling brush), topping with lacquer then once it's all totally dry, wet sanding the panel and rebuffing, but you'd need to know what you are about to do that - wIthout seeing it, its a bit hard to tell. A detailer may be able to advise if you have a good one around your way.

·
Registered
405 Posts
as some have said, it all depends on the depth of the scratch, however in my opinion the front fender will have to be painted, the scratch did not reach the primary nor the anti-corrosion protection. So it will be an easy repair to do in a paint shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts