Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car ceramic coated yesterday, at the dealers by an external detailer. He kindly took before and after photos and the car had a visible scratch!

Where do I stand with this with the dealer?

The detailer said it was "only" a surface scratch and polished out but this is a brand new, expensive car and I feel like it shouldn't have happened?

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
That looks a nasty scratch but if it polished out totally and you can't see where it was I wouldn't worry.
Certainly mention to the dealer that it shouldn't have been damaged in the first place.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
braveheart74 said:
That looks a nasty scratch but if it polished out totally and you can't see where it was I wouldn't worry.
Certainly mention to the dealer that it shouldn't have been damaged in the first place.
Yeah I will, someone must have brushed up against it somewhere along the line. What should I say to the dealer though?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Superhero said:
I had my car ceramic coated yesterday, at the dealers by an external detailer. He kindly took before and after photos and the car had a visible scratch!

Where do I stand with this with the dealer?

The detailer said it was "only" a surface scratch and polished out but this is a brand new, expensive car and I feel like it shouldn't have happened?
How can you get your car coated at the dealers? Coating needs a dust proof room etc. Did it get done in the open air?

G

·
Superhero said:
braveheart74 said:
Yeah I will, someone must have brushed up against it somewhere along the line. What should I say to the dealer though?
If it polished out alright I personally wouldn't worry about it.
I'm assuming you haven't taken ownership until after the ceramic coating? Otherwise no one will admit to it anyway. ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the same . I took my Audi S3 straight to the detailer and had several scratches. He told me just about every new car arrives to him like that.
I did not let the dealer touch the paint.
Though it took three days to detail. It was left 12 hours between coats and kept under special drying lights, etc. Not sure how it could be detailed correctly at the dealership.
He filmed the whole process and there is a video put up onto YouTube.
Next to mine in the bay was a Ferrari , previous owner Mr Eric Clapton!

G

·
Musicegbdf said:
I had the same . I took my Audi S3 straight to the detailer and had several scratches. He told me just about every new car arrives to him like that.
I did not let the dealer touch the paint.
Though it took three days to detail. It was left 12 hours between coats and kept under special drying lights, etc. Not sure how it could be detailed correctly at the dealership.
He filmed the whole process and there is a video put up onto YouTube.
Next to mine in the bay was a Ferrari , previous owner Mr Eric Clapton!
Have you a link :p

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
Yes it does . I snow foam , two bucket wash ,etc. I also top up the coating every six months.
Having the foundation done really helps keeping it the same
Wow, sorry hadn't realised you still have it - from 1991 or is that a personalised plate?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
Yes it does . I snow foam , two bucket wash ,etc. I also top up the coating every six months.
Having the foundation done really helps keeping it the same
You top up the ceramic coating every 6 months? I thought it lasts years?

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is four years old now. It was originally coated with G technique Exo .
I give it a full clean and clay bar and then top up with C2V3 ( on advice of detailer).
I also redo the interior about once a year and it is a light colour.
Normal washes I usually finish with quick detailer . I like Mcguires .
If you look carefully at the video you can see all the light scratches all over the car from the factory.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
It is four years old now. It was originally coated with G technique Exo .
I give it a full clean and clay bar and then top up with C2V3 ( on advice of detailer).
I also redo the interior about once a year and it is a light colour.
Normal washes I usually finish with quick detailer . I like Mcguires .
If you look carefully at the video you can see all the light scratches all over the car from the factory.
Thanks. That's good to know you can top it. I forgot the video was that old. Silly me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes personal plate , wife bought it for me back when it was J reg .
I wasnt keen that he showed my plate on the video though. He could have covered it.
I love the car , and bought extended factory warranty for 5 years 90k miles for £500.
So keeping at least another year.
Daughters replacement Troc will be similar colour.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
Yes personal plate , wife bought it for me back when it was J reg .
I wasnt keen that he showed my plate on the video though. He could have covered it.
I love the car , and bought extended factory warranty for 5 years 90k miles for £500.
So keeping at least another year.
Daughters replacement Troc will be similar colour.
Yeah, should have covered the plate but oh well. Looks great. Hope things work out for your daughter :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts