Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In my T-Roc i do see a warning sign when driver or front passenger don't wear seat belt. But it never produces warning sounds.
Can I enable this (warning sound) somewhere in settings?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Strange it doesn't make a sound as standard 🤔🤷‍♂️
The purpose of a warning sound is to annoy you so much that you put it on.

Edit: I assume you've drove off to test it? 🧐

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this a previously owned car? If so it could be a previous owner has had this 'coded out' on the car. The selling dealer should be able to reenable this.
Yes it's a previously owned car. I guess so as well. Seems like I need to take it to the dealer to fix this. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Yes it's a previously owned car. I guess so as well. Seems like I need to take it to the dealer to fix this. Thanks for the reply.
The previous owner possibly got it coded out? (As Tricky mentioned)
If your car is under warranty yes take it to the dealer, if its not under warranty take it to some to code?

Maybe you have a friend that could do it, someone with obdeleven or similar ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The previous owner possibly got it coded out?
If your car is under warranty yes take it to the dealer, if its not under warranty take it to some to code?

Maybe you have a friend that could do it, someone with obdeleven or similar ?
Nobody has mentioned that the car needs to moving and over a certain speed about 4mph !?

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
The image below is from the 07.2020 edition of the owner's manual ... the 07.2019 edition has the same speed(s) but says the acoustic signal will last a few seconds for the front seats rather than 126 seconds (strange number to choose), while the rear seat status will be shown for 30 seconds rather than 60, while the warning for an occupied rear seat with an unfastened belt will last 30 seconds (flashing status display and acoustic) rather than 60 seconds (flashing) and 126 seconds (acoustic).

Font Poster Traffic sign Screenshot Triangle

·
Registered
T Roc Active 2022 1.5 TSI 150 hp in Flash Red and Black
38 Posts
on all the Volkswagen i have owned there has been a light and then an audible warning chime which gets louder if you go faster. In my Golf 8 you have a light for the back seats as well as the front
Agree with the others, you probably need a dealer to code it back

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
You should turn the key off, and then back on. Hold the same knob for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the knob, put on your seatbelt, and then release the knob.
I haven't a clue what you are talking about 🤔🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Impala

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
You should turn the key off, and then back on. Hold the same knob for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the knob, put on your seatbelt, and then release the knob.
I haven't a clue what you are talking about 🤔🤷‍♂️
There aren't many knobs in a T-Roc apart from on the infotainment unit and heating controls but I don't think those will have any effect on the seat belt warning chime. Perhaps it's the knob in the driving seat itself 😄😆😅😂

• Wow
Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts