Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for that @Impala looks like the quote I've been given is pretty much par for the course then.
I'll get a full breakdown of what's included, I doubt the aircon service will be included.
I can still feel a serious case of pocket cramp coming on though.
Second service for my Passat was £330. That was back in Feb and was a DSG. So, it seems the price you have been quoted seems reasonable. However, I managed to get the first and second service on my new car for £269. I'm not sure if there is a difference in cost for servicing a DSG and a manual or a Troc and Passat. When I rang to book my car in I was asked if I had been quoted by other dealerships so I got the impression these service charges are not set in stone and can be negotiable.

Aircon service was an extra cost which I declined.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I posted previously that I included the aircon with my second service to ensure there would be no problems with warranty if the aircon developed a fault during my third year. Apparently the aircon 'gas' includes lubricants for internals and preserves hoses, so not having it replaced at the recommended point could possibly cause operational problems which then wouldn't have warranty cover.
That's a fair point and I agree but, in this particular case, I knew I was selling the car on within a few months (it turned out to be weeks) so I decided to take that chance and forgo the aircon service.

Also, even had I intended to keep the car, it was a low-mileage lockdown car (6000 miles), I may well have declined this service. Won't need to think again about it for a couple of years now though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts