Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
@RichardH - There are 2 types of service regimes are called Fixed and Flexible.

Under the Fixed service regime, the car is serviced overy 12 months or 9,300 miles whichever comes first. The mileage changes from 9,300 to 10,000 for cars over 3 years old).

Under the Flexible service regime, the car decides when the service is due based on the type of driving, type of journeys, engine load etc. (see below for more details), but the intervals will be up to a maximum of 18,600 miles or 24 months whichever comes first.

The delivering dealer should ask the customer about their anticipated annual mileage and types of journeys and recommend the appropriate service regime and the car will be set to that as part of the PDI before handover. For anyone buying a pre-owned car, it may be set to a regime that doesn't suit their needs or usage, in which case they can either wait till the next service is due or visit a dealer earlier and ask if the service type can be changed.

Some owners may prefer the Flexible service to minimise costs, but if they then drive lots of short, stop-start journeys, the car is likely to decide a service is due long before the 18,600 miles or 24 months is reached, thereby reducing any cost savings. But if your anticipated use fits the Flexible criteria and intend to sell the car when it's 2 years old, then you may avoid needing any service.

Other owners prefer the predictability and peace of mind offered by the Fixed service.

The following information can be found on the VW web site at Service schedules | Volkswagen UK

Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

Font Number Screenshot Document Rectangle

Font Circle Number Paper product Document

Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

Font Number

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's interesting because I was just wondering about servicing. New car turned up today and, according to the schedule, the next service is in two years. Before delivery I was offered a two-year service plan for £269. No discussion about type of driving etc. My understanding was that this plan would give me two services over two years but I am now thinking this isn't so. I was also under the impression that a DSG would need an oil change after 12 months. I think I'll send an email and see what they say.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The DQ200 dsg dry clutch is supposedly filled for life with oil.
the DQ381 dsg wet clutch is an oil change at 80,000 miles the DQ381 is fitted to the 2.0 litre models.

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
... I was offered a two-year service plan for £269 ...
If your motoring characteristics are a close fit to the Fixed Service regime, then a 2 year service plan can save some money if competitvely priced, but get details of precisely what is included and compare that to the normal service costs. And to get the full value, you need to insist that your car is set for Fixed servicing, otherwise you would probably only get one service in the 2 years.

If your motoring fits the Flexible Service regime, your car is set to Flexible servicing and if you are likely to change your car at around 2 years, then such a service plan would be a waste of money.

Reactions: Ray Cathode

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do a lot of stop/start town driving with few long distance journeys.

Just got the paperwork for my service agreement. First service after a year will be an oil service. The second service will be an oil and inspection service.

The car's service schedule was incorrectly set by the dealer to give a first service in two years time. I'm happy with two services for £269, considering the second service on my Passat was £330 in February.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts