Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get offered a service pack or buy one? How much is it? My dealer really doesn't want to offer me anything. I do feel a bit messed around really. Not my fault the R-roc is a brand new model, they really are stingy. When I see what TOH got given with the new polo... ridiculous!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I bought a service pack for £149 which includes two services. Thought it was a good deal..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rocky T said:
I also got the first two services for £149.
It is only available if you purchase through VW finance.
That's a great deal, and the same as toh got for the polo. Did you buy that when picking up the T-Roc or before? The dealer hasn't even mentioned it to me yet.

Do you know when the services need to be done? I've heard that with new cars often th first service is after a few thousand miles already

·
Registered
13 Posts
Superhero said:
Rocky T said:
That's a great deal, and the same as toh got for the polo. Did you buy that when picking up the T-Roc or before? The dealer hasn't even mentioned it to me yet.

Do you know when the services need to be done? I've heard that with new cars often th first service is after a few thousand miles already
I purchased mine a couple of days before delivery?
I have a 1.5ltr petrol and the services are every 10.000 miles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rocky T said:
Superhero said:
Rocky T said:

Okay, I haven't collected/got it delivered yet so hopefully will be able to add that when I sign the final bill so to speak. Is that every 10k regardless of how many years or once a year OR every 10k, whatever is ealierst? I won't be making 10k a year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Superhero said:
Rocky T said:
Superhero said:

Okay, I haven't collected/got it delivered yet so hopefully will be able to add that when I sign the final bill so to speak. Is that every 10k regardless of how many years or once a year OR every 10k, whatever is ealierst? I won't be making 10k a year.
Yes which ever comes first (10,000 miles or 1 year.).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Collected my car today, because I was aware of this thread and the 2 services at £149, I asked my dealer about it.

He had already included it for free.

This was on top of an amazing deal on part exchange and a host of other free dealer fit extras.

I really believe they have gone above and beyond.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Betty Swollocks said:
Collected my car today, because I was aware of this thread and the 2 services at £149, I asked my dealer about it.

He had already included it for free.

This was on top of an amazing deal on part exchange and a host of other free dealer fit extras.

I really believe they have gone above and beyond.
Gosh yes they have! Lucky you! I was talking to my dealer on the weekend again about a deal and all he said was that if TOH was gonna buy the Polo from him he could so something. Then I said, so if they don't, you won't? And he said that (what he said a few times before) VW doesn't allow him any discounts on the T-Roc. I did say I didn't want a discount on the T-Roc but a service pack but haven't heard anything anymore. Must be to do with the region, that's all I can think of. He is really the nicest guy, we got really friendly, but he won't give me anything. Not even rubber mats!

·
Registered
57 Posts
As I said elsewhere on the forum, my car was in negative equity, but my guy gave me a lot more than it was worth which obviously came out of their profit.... He was happy with some profit rather than all the retail price had to offer.

I just checked and this amount was £1527.50

To secure the deal I asked for rubber mats and rear mudflaps. This was agreed and this afternoon I noticed he has fitted front AND rear mudflaps, as well as the rubber mats.

I then asked if it would be cheeky to ask for him to cover the £80 cherished transfer fee, but he said of course.
He added three quarters of a tank of fuel yesterday without being asked, gave my wife a massive boquet of flowers and had added the 2 year service pack worth £149 for free, without even being asked.

I got a similar service 4 years ago when I bought my GTD golf brand new over the phone without even meeting the man. The price was so good that 3 of my colleagues bought a GTD off him and one bought a Golf S and all agreed that they had got a much better deal than any other dealer.

I am in Northern Ireland, as is the dealer. We are still part of the UK and these are full Volkswagen UK spec and warranted cars. For the sake of a £40 flight and less than £100 ferry back, I would rather travel anywhere in the UK if I was saving that much money.

So if anyone wants his details, drop me a Private message and I will put you in touch. It costs nothing for a phonecall and a quote.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As I said elsewhere on the forum, my car was in negative equity, but my guy gave me a lot more than it was worth which obviously came out of their profit.... He was happy with some profit rather than all the retail price had to offer.

I just checked and the discount amount was £1527.50

To secure the deal I asked for rubber mats and rear mudflaps. This was agreed and this afternoon I noticed he has fitted front AND rear mudflaps, as well as the rubber mats.

I then asked if it would be cheeky to ask for him to cover the £80 cherished transfer fee, but he said of course.
He added three quarters of a tank of fuel yesterday without being asked, gave my wife a massive boquet of flowers and had added the 2 year service pack worth £149 for free, without even being asked.

I got a similar service 4 years ago when I bought my GTD golf brand new over the phone without even meeting the man. The price was so good that 3 of my colleagues bought a GTD off him and one bought a Golf S and all agreed that they had got a much better deal than any other dealer.

I am in Northern Ireland, as is the dealer. We are still part of the UK and these are full Volkswagen UK spec and warranted cars. For the sake of a £40 flight and less than £100 ferry back, I would rather travel anywhere in the UK if I was saving that much money.

So if anyone wants his details, drop me a Private message and I will put you in touch. It costs nothing for a phonecall and a quote.

The sales manager over my 2 local Volkswagen dealerships is a friend of mine, but he offered me a £1000 discount with none of the other freebies I got from my new guy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Betty Swollocks said:

I just checked and the discount amount was £1527.50

The sales manager over my 2 local Volkswagen dealerships is a friend of mine, but he offered me a £1000 discount with none of the other freebies I got from my new guy.
should have told me earlier lol! Might be worth knowing the details of the dealership? Would be great if you could send me a PM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can someone shed some light please? My dealer just told me I can have the service pack for 149, but only if I take the finance option! So as a cash buyer you don't get anything at all anymore? Has anyone bought it cash?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rocky T said:
I also got the first two services for £149. It is only available if you purchase through VW finance.
Interesting; in the brochure the Service Plan Option (£287.82) states "Service Plan: Price based on 18 monthly payments of £15.99 for a plan which includes the first two scheduled services. You can spread the cost or pay upfront. Terms and conditions apply."

On an order placed yesterday he threw it (or perhaps something equivalent, but certainly two services?) in FOC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts