Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Seems to me that a lot of the issues discussed on this forum are simply a case of not reading the Owners Handbook (which does contain a vast amount of warnings and hazards etc - repeated over and over again) and actually spending time setting up your vehicle on the infotainment centre.
I know some people who have had vehicles and never once looked at the handbook or set their vehicle up.
The on-line Sales Brochure / Price List clearly states all of the options etc - some people need to check things out properly

Have Fun :lol:

Registered
Totally agree.. I was beginning to think that the Handbook wasn't being supplied in the UK or it was a very expensive option..馃槀
Enjoy your T-Rocs and have fun...

Registered
Much easier to ask how to do something and wait a couple of days for a reply than to open the paper book up though. :lol: :lol:

Registered
"The on-line Sales Brochure / Price List clearly states all of the options etc - some people need to check things out properly"

Not in all cases, some of the descriptions leave you wanting. I had to check out both the technology area of the main VW website also some of the clips on YouTube to get a clear view of what some of the options do and don't do and how they operate - and even then still had questions, which (fortunately) due to there being an online handbook on here I was able to look up.

Whilst I agree 100% with you about reading handbooks (to ensure you get the most out of your vehicle), when you are about to order your car, or it is on order and you don't have access to a user handbook, the only think you can do is ask questions of those who already have their car and/or the option and are using it. Plus I don't think the search facility gets used much.

That aside - you'll find on forums that you will always get these (constantly) recurring questions, I'm admin on 2 motorcycle forums, and have lost count of the number of times I've seen a thread on "What oil" or "What tyre" etc - having said that a lot of forum users don't know how to use the search facilities - and that's not meant to be a criticism but it's a fact that with all this technology and cleaver stuff we have today with PC's TV's etc it takes time to learn or look up how to use it. For instance - how many people struggle to add photos to their threads? Quite a few.
Whilst I know the vehicles technology I drive inside out, I have no idea of the full range of options available to me on my TV - and yes I've read the handbook, but frankly the way its written is confusing (and my background is IT as well). That's the way people find many forums - confusing.

So in many ways I can't blame people for asking questions.

Registered
Well said Hawkeye. You are so right, I read my book two or three times and still needed to call into the stealers to ask about some setting, They put me straight in a minute, but another time they could not give me an answer. After I got home I stumbled on the answer and sorted it out myself. I was dead easy but when looking back it was very confusing to me, as technology had moved on so far from my 60 Reg Astra I felt like a fish out of water at first and still do on some things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts