Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this forum, I've started tracking two ships known for their routes from the VW T-Roc Factory in Portugal!

From the looks of things the Pegasus Ace and the Paglia are on their way to Setubul. There's chance one or both of them may go via Barcelona or another port, but it's looking hopeful that a number of our orders could progress further this week!

Who currently has an order in 'in transit'!? What have you ordered?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Hi my 1.0 SE has been in transit since first week Sept. I contacted my dealer today as 'in transit' suggests my delivery could be earlier than expected. However he was vague and said still expect Nov/Dec delivery ...really!!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Don't worry, this is normal (almost) behaviour. I followed Pegasus Ace in May from Setubal to the UK and eventually the Tyne!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Wow - am totally new to this forum, at the earliest stage of ordering a new T-Roc 1.0L SE through Motability - have a husband who loves shipping... Thanks for the 'stalking'! A long way from ours being available to follow but am sure this will prove entertaining and probably frustrating in equal measure. Stalk on! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Monifieth Angus said:
Don't worry, this is normal (almost) behaviour. I followed Pegasus Ace in May from Setubal to the UK and eventually the Tyne!
Me too. Me & Angus were on the same ship :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IT'S IN THE UK! I'm so surprised. I've been watching and waiting for the two ships (Pegasus Ace and Paglia) to return to Setubul to pick up my car, thinking I'd get a notification saying it's on its way from port to port.

New ship to track: Aquarius Ace.

Did anyone else get notification that theirs was in the U.K.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Yes mine went from confirmed build week to in transit and then on 14th Sep when pegasus ace arrived at Port of Tyne I got a text and the app updated to say car arrived in the UK, I asked my dealer for a status without mentioning the messages and they said it's arrived in the UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I asked VW chat and got 2 answers, one was its on the pegasus ace en-route to embden, another saying its still in Portugal awaiting to be assigned a boat, 24hrs after the second chat it arrived in the UK, as for how long in transit it really depends on timing on getting on a boat, for example the boats could have just left and it needs to wait on them returning? I was quoted from 1 week to 8 weeks in transit depending on connections and available space on boat and transporter to dealer. Mine was in transit for a week, now ts been at "arrived in the UK" stage for 6 days as of today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Thanks...a how long is a piece of string convo then. I've also asked VW chat this afternoon as app says I've been in transit since 6/9. VW chat says it hadn't left factory til 17/9, could be 10 days waiting for a boat?? Then 4/5 weeks in a ship to Embden... really!! Think they are making it up as they go along personally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're being super cautious on the online chat, I imagine they're getting a lot of 'you gave me X date and it's wrong!' 1 week, I can understand, but some of the stories here are terrifying!

I spoke to my dealer today and he said there's a chance we could do handover next week, if only arrived in UK today!

He's been accurate so far, but I'm still hesitant to believe it'll be next week. No ones that lucky, right!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Received my In transit update last Tuesday. On vessel finder, I can see the Aquarius Ace arrives in Sebutal early tomorrow morning so hoping that's my lift to the UK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
uk,holland,and germany
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
So, how do you work out which ship to track? I am currently in transit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
dmcdog said:
So, how do you work out which ship to track? I am currently in transit!
Your dealer could tell you the exact ship.
Or you can make an intelligent guess. Comet Ace is currently docked in Setubal, there's a good chance your car will be on it assuming it's not already at sea. Watch for it updating to a GB destination e.g. Sheerness
When it reaches your entry port you should get status update on the app within 24 hours

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vessels/comet-ace-mmsi-351757000-imo-9182356
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
T Roc Chick said:
dmcdog said:
So, how do you work out which ship to track? I am currently in transit!
Your dealer could tell you the exact ship.
Or you can make an intelligent guess. Comet Ace is currently docked in Setubal, there's a good chance your car will be on it assuming it's not already at sea. Watch for it updating to a GB destination e.g. Sheerness
When it reaches your entry port you should get status update on the app within 24 hours

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vessels/comet-ace-mmsi-351757000-imo-9182356
Not sure how you do it T Roc Chick, but this is fantastic, thanks.

Comet Ace is due to arrive in Sheerness on 19th November so fingers crossed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Lisajh said:
Thanks...a how long is a piece of string convo then. I've also asked VW chat this afternoon as app says I've been in transit since 6/9. VW chat says it hadn't left factory til 17/9, could be 10 days waiting for a boat?? Then 4/5 weeks in a ship to Embden... really!! Think they are making it up as they go along personally
Mine went directly from Setubal to the UK - from what I've read previously on this forum it's unusual for T-Rocs to come to the UK via Emden. Ships which seem to make the Setubal to UK trip most often are Comet Ace, Pegasus Ace and Aquarius Ace. From Stage 5a to collection from the dealer mine took about 3 weeks, but I think there happened to be a ship (Comet Ace) in port at Setubal at just the right time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top