Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm in a quandry...I ordered my T-ROC on 7th April with an initial delivery estimate of early July. Before I was even given a build week I was told it had been moved to Week 41 (October)...soon after that, a move to Week 46. I have just received an email from my dealer with a new build week of 50, i.e. December, which means I won't take delivery until after the New Year. I've paid a deposit of £500 and tempted as I am to cancel/get a refund and walk away (over the road to Audi for a Q3), I'm torn as I really love this car but getting really frustrated now and in the meantime the value of my 64 reg VW Golf is dropping even further! Anyone else experienced such a lengthy delay?

·
Registered
454 Posts
See 'Delayed Build Week (major)' thread by Grralph, Mon Apr 23 2018.

Some horror stories there. Alternatively rather than switch brands, search for a "close to your chosen specification" T-Roc from existing showroom stock. However there are far more diesels than petrol engines and more higher specificated T-Rocs available for near immediate delivery.

Hope that helps. See my posts & signature below, regarding the history of my purchase. I managed to find my near perfect car, I.e. top 6 out of 9 chosen specs/optional extras, delivered in Just under 4 weeks from date of order.

22.00hr

PS - Just spotted your post on Grralph's thread. Hopefully you will make best decision for your circumstances.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Carob
You could cancel and go for Audi , Skoda,etc but if you want a factory order
I think you will find every dealer is having problems with wltp
When I ordered my t- roc in June I had a lot of test drives & mini were the only dealers
To offer me a factory order with sunroof
And colour I wanted on a countryman within 2 weeks . I would have bought it even though it was way dearer than a t-roc
But my wife didn't like it and we are getting the car for her so we still wait for the t- roc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.