Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep"..........that's what I got tonight just as I was going to order tomorrow.
She prefers the all one colour.
So......as far as the external look goes, does the se have the same amount of chrome as in on the bottom of the front air intake, the rear and more importantly the sides like it does on the design and sel.
I have been trying to find shots of the se but as usual most of the shots are of the launch vehicles.
Thanks.
Off to the fridge for a cold beer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The SE does not have the chrome on the doors. I'm sure that you can order a Design with matching roof. you don't have to order a 2 tone. You will also loose the tinted windows on the SE.

·
Registered
454 Posts
You can see 9 detailed pictures of the SE in 'Gallery' including a 360 degree rotating view of the interior by going to the VW website and then configure your choices / options etc.

One of the options is to add 'Rear Chrome Strip'. On completion of your configured car, click on "GO TO SUMMARY" at the bottom of the screen.

You are taken to new screen at the top of which are the icons 'Gallery' and '360 deg View'.......... yes you will see a lorra lorra chrome, as Cilla Black would have said, may she rest in peace. :p

PS
:!: The Design only offers 24 x 2 tone options but no mono tone as suggested by #Max

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again.
I will have a look on carwow as they do list solids but I'm not sure then if you have to pick a roof as I have not gone that far with it only choosing a roof which comes as £0.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Why use carwow ?
The vw Configurator is what you should be using

·
Registered
454 Posts
Newtroconthebloc said:
Why use carwow ?
The vw Configurator is what you should be using
Negativepitch said:
Thanks again.
I will have a look on carwow as they do list solids but I'm not sure then if you have to pick a roof as I have not gone that far with it only choosing a roof which comes as £0.
As I previously recommended, configure your car at www.volkswagen.co.uk then for best price offers go to Carwow and using your VW configurator choices, enter as much detail as you can on Carwow's options screen.

You will then receive up to 5 email discounted offers from a selection of dealers. Contact the best and then discuss your required specification with them. You may be lucky, as I was :D , and be offered a suitable car for immediate delivery. If you must have a car built to your exact specification then you will be quoted an ESTIMATED delivery of between 3 to 12 months :eek:

However be suspicious of any short term delivery periods, they could be after your deposit as experienced and reported by many members of this forum.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The best price I got was from autoebid. Nearly 4k off list price. Tried the others but this was the best at the time of ordering in June.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
The best price I got was from autoebid. Nearly 4k off list price. Tried the others but this was the best at the time of ordering in June.
I didn't know about them.
I have just put in my details.
See what comes back.
The problem I have is that I have to put in my order in on my carwow offers by Saturday as they run out because of the new reg.
We are not bothered about the reg as we plan on keeping it a very long term anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As previous poster stated, you don't need to have two-tone on the Design, all it really does is knock the £475 (I think that's the price) for the roof off so you pay the same price for "solid" or 2 tone.
SF

·
Registered
454 Posts
Using the UK configurator [some Euro countries have different specifications] I have tried to choose a Mono-colour 'DESIGN' without success.

The choices starting with any of the 'Choose Engine' option take one to 'Choose Paint'. This displays a DEFAULT colour of Urano Grey Pure White for £0. Change to a Flat/Solid paint adds £280 or for Metallic/Pearl adds £575.

I have then gone through the remaining configurator options and when arriving at 'Change Paint' as required for some of the other choices, we are back to the original 'Choose Colour' screen.

So unless a showroom sales representative can override the colour options, I can't see how to select a Mono-colour Design T-ROC.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My Red One said:
But that is right any solid paint is £280 , its not that long ago that solid paint was £0
For the S, SE, SEL & R-LINE options, there are 3 Mono colour / solid paint choices i.e. configuration default Urano Grey SOLID, Flash Red SOLID & Pure White SOLID at £280 each.

The DESIGN only comes in Duo-colours including the 3 SOLID and 7 METALLIC/PEARL options so the OP's better half has to down-grade to S/SE or up-grade to SEL/R-LINE specifications if they do not want a different coloured roof/wing mirrors............UNLESS a sales rep can override the web configurator with an in- house configurator..there's no harm in asking. :!:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used carwow when i was looking for mine. I did get some good offers on carwow but found best to go round VW dealers in the area (about 5 of them up to 25 mile radius) At the end the one that was most expensive on carwow gave me the best cheapest deal. You need to go in person and talk to sales men and haggle. I ended up ordering a design cheaper than the SE I originally wanted!!!
Regarding the roof again you need to ask sales men as you never know what they can do. Also if say you order white with white roof isn't that the same colour lol!! Depends what colour you are after really but i strongly advice to talk to VW dealers in person.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Paying extra for paint, is as bad as being asked to pay extra if you want an engine fitted. They don't do that, so why do they charge for paint? It's not as though you have the option not to bother having it, is it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Max said:
I have used carwow when i was looking for mine. I did get some good offers on carwow but found best to go round VW dealers in the area (about 5 of them up to 25 mile radius) At the end the one that was most expensive on carwow gave me the best cheapest deal. You need to go in person and talk to sales men and haggle. I ended up ordering a design cheaper than the SE I originally wanted!!!
Regarding the roof again you need to ask sales men as you never know what they can do. Also if say you order white with white roof isn't that the same colour lol!! Depends what colour you are after really but i strongly advice to talk to VW dealers in person.
Went with autoebid in the end.
We had 3 grand off. The most carwow was a grand and the dealer was £800 and would not budge and could not price match at that price. The best two offers that came up on carwow that I really liked was a saving of £270, I was thinking of going for that one then thought nar I'll give it a miss.(your avin ah laugh mate)
Tried two other dealers in the same franchise and they were the same which is funny as we got two grand off our tig and free mats, the car taped off in the showroom, flowers for the wife, bottle of champagne, vw gift pack. A video of my wife unveiling the car and her name on a plaque in front of the car.....I'm not expecting that when the low loader pulls up :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.