Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone found the speed warning setting in the active info display?
It has been in my previous numerous volkswagens and I'd be surprised if it is not standard on my current T-Roc?
It mentions it in the handbook but I know not everything described in the handbook is on every car.
Does anyone else have it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
On my previous Golf i was able to set my speed limit to 30mph which was shown on the instrument cluster.
When reaching this speed a loud bong was heard, which was very useful as I live in area which has several
speed camera,s which are active. I cannot seem to do this on my T-ROC 1.5 TSI EVO SE DSG. Can anyone
help. Secondly I note that's lots of people are frustrated at having to wait for their ROCs, but having had many cars
over the years if you can wait, in my opinion it is the DBs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
I have it on my se 1.0. somehow I have set it up while messing around and it is driving me daft. It goes bong at 20mph and I cut seem fo find a way of stopping it. It must be in the settings there somewhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies mvk and ljak. I still can't find the setting. Ljak is your TRoc a UK spec?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi DaveA, we exchanged our Golf because my wife felt very low driving it. Our dealer had a white/black roof in,
so I presume it was a stock car? It felt very tight and stiff for the first few weeks , but now done 1300 miles
and it is a dream to drive especially with the 1.5 DSG, and my wife can slide in and out of the driving seat.
So now all quiet on that front. I wish you could tell me how you achieved your 20mph bong as I feel I could
increase this to 30mph which would make me feel that I would not want to exchange in 3yrs time. Its that good.
Ijak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
I've no idea what anyone is talking about :-D
Speed warning setting? Maybe that's just on specs with sat nav (i don't have). I use android auto and Waze bips you if you go over the speed limit, whatever that limit might be. If it's not part of your sat nav, then I've no idea what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Speed warning settings can be made in the vehicle settings in the Infotainment system ⇒ Vehicle settings menu .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
brid said:
Speed warning settings can be made in the vehicle settings in the Infotainment system ⇒ Vehicle settings menu .
.......and then use the switches on the steering wheel's RHS switch bank. If you are on the 20mph setting as displayed on the LED display between the analogue speedometer & rev counter, then press the OK button, then up/down buttons to toggle though the speed setting in 5mph steps then OK again to 'set' your choice. I have mine set for 30mph for local driving, 70mph for motorways and 40mph for urban areas etc.

The up/down buttons can also be used to view various modes of information by toggling through them i.e. digital speedometer (my default setting) > period of driving (starts at 0 minutes and advances during each stop-start driving period) > distance travelled miles (starts at 0 miles and advances during driving sessions) > average speed > average fuel consumption mpg etc.

I'm not near my car at present so can't check exact order. However I find exploration of the features quite satisfying :geek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Mackemsteve said:
I've no idea what anyone is talking about :-D
Speed warning setting? Maybe that's just on specs with sat nav (i don't have). I use android auto and Waze bips you if you go over the speed limit, whatever that limit might be. If it's not part of your sat nav, then I've no idea what it is.
See my previous post... My T-Roc doesn't have optional Sat Nav but does have the 'Speed Warning' function.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks @JMCT. I just don't have that option. I have the active info display and sat nav but no speed warning. Your description is where I've gone a few times but only speed related function I get is to display the actual speed of the car which I can disable through the vehicle settings.
Does anyone with the SEL UK spec have it? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
DaveA said:
Thanks @JMCT. I just don't have that option. I have the active info display and sat nav but no speed warning. Your description is where I've gone a few times but only speed related function I get is to display the actual speed of the car which I can disable through the vehicle settings.
Does anyone with the SEL UK spec have it? ;)
Ijak said:
Hi DaveA, we exchanged our Golf because my wife felt very low driving it. Our dealer had a white/black roof in,
so I presume it was a stock car? It felt very tight and stiff for the first few weeks , but now done 1300 miles
and it is a dream to drive especially with the 1.5 DSG, and my wife can slide in and out of the driving seat.
So now all quiet on that front. I wish you could tell me how you achieved your 20mph bong as I feel I could
increase this to 30mph which would make me feel that I would not want to exchange in 3yrs time. Its that good.
Ijak.
mvk said:
I have it on my se 1.0. somehow I have set it up while messing around and it is driving me daft. It goes bong at 20mph and I cut seem fo find a way of stopping it. It must be in the settings there somewhere!
You should find the speed warning setting here and in following photos:-

Turn on Infotainment Screen.
Tap 'menu'.
Tap 'vehicle' icon.
Tap 'Settings' [Bottom right of screen], the 'Vehicle Settings' screen will display.
Scroll down to 'Instrument Cluster'.
Tap it to bring up 'Multifunction Display'.
This has 10 tick boxes, starting with 'Current Consumption'.
Scroll down to 'SPEED WARNING' and tick or untick as required.
If ticked you then go to your steering column's RHS button cluster to select the speed setting required viz:

NOTE ..the following procedure is related to MY default settings

Having turned on the cars ignition [1 turn only] my 'Instrument Cluster' (Item 7 in the Owner's Manual pg 10) displays the following default sequence and selected sequences as follows:-

1. 'Welcome Driver 1'
2. ' 0mpg'
3. 'Warning at 30mph' To reset see below *
4. 'Oil Temperature'
5. 'Consumption xxx mpg
6. 'Average Consumption xxx mpg
7. 'Range [Petrol remaining] xxx mi
8. 'Travelling Time [Since Start] xx Hr xx Min ( 3 options to choose see below **)
9. 'Distance [Since Start] xxxmi ( 3 options to choose see below **)

* To set 'Warning Speed' press the RHS cluster 'OK' button and using the up/down button scroll through to chosen speed and press OK again to set.

** This display has 3 options: 'Long Term' - 'Since Refill' - 'Since Start' To select, press the 'OK' button.
This is your starter for 10. The Owner's Manual covers all this and more from page 18 to page 21 but hopefully I've set the ball rolling and will give some of you the opportunity to get rid of the annoying 'bongs' :lol:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that detailed reply JAMCT.
The SEL with active info display must have differing options. My pic of the settings shows only 4 tickable options. I reset the instrument cluster settings back to factory but just the same.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
That's strange since your 'SEL' is, in general, a higher specification car than my 'Design' notwithstanding each of our selected optional extras. I can't identify any of my extras which relate to Vehicle/Instrument cluster settings.

:?: Can any owner of an SEL help with @DaveA's [OP ] and fellow responders query?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I also have the Active Info Display and haven't been able to find the setting. I asked the dealer and he couldn't find it, the manual doesn't describe how to do it for Active Info Display so I'm guessing it was an oversight by Volkswagen and can't be done ( in the same way you can't display the time on the Active Info Display). Maybe a software update in the future will fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
I have active info display. It looks like there's no such option with AID.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I have an SEL with Sat Nav and the Active Info Display. You can set the speed warning by selecting 'CAR', 'Settings', 'Tyres', then 'Winter Tyres'.

Then you are able to tick the 'Speed Warning' box and set the desired speed in 5 mph increments.

When you exceed the set speed there is a warning bong and a message in the middle of the Active Info Display.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Are you sure you havent set a speed warning from the steerling wheel?
Press the front assist button on the steering wheel where you choose to turn ACC on and off, and i'm sure the option underneath is like a max speed alert (cant remember the wording but will check after work).
 
G

·
davidf27 said:
Are you sure you havent set a speed warning from the steerling wheel?
Press the front assist button on the steering wheel where you choose to turn ACC on and off, and i'm sure the option underneath is like a max speed alert (cant remember the wording but will check after work).
Mine is activated in the same way as BH1805.
What you're talking about activates the speed limiter :p
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top