Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,just ordered a sel 1.5 auto.Looking through the options there is the sports suspension with progressive steering,was wandering if anyone has this option fitted and how the ride quality is with it.
Also opted for the sports pack ,does anyone know if the paddle shift is included in this pack.
Cheers guys and gals be grateful of your feedback.

·
Registered
985 Posts
According to the latest Nov 2018 price list:
Sports pack is:
"Front sport seats in Titan Black/Ceramique with Red contrast stitching. Choice of Caribou Grey or Red
decorative inserts in dash and door panels, leather trimmed three-spoke multifunction steering wheel
with red contrast stitching, black rooflining, stainless steel pedals and red brake callipers"

For the paddles you have to choose another option "Steering wheel - multifunction leather trimmed" which basically for the SEL gives you
"Three-spoke steering wheel including leather trimmed gear knob. Including paddle shift for DSG gearbox. Only in conjunction with DSG gearbox " which is a £185 option (just for the paddles, as the SEL already has the 3 spoke steering wheel)

So in answer to your question - on the SEL no, the Sports pack does not include the paddles. That is a separate option (as above).

If you follow this link https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/troc/which-model/brochures there is the option for downloading both the latest brochure and price list

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive tried to spec the leather steering wheel with the sports pack on the vw config and it wont let me do it . I must delete the sports pack first.If you read the sports pack discription on the config it states with tiptronic which I presume is the paddle shift.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've just tried the configurator on my PC for the SEL with the 1.5 DSG gearbox - and you can specify it - you want "leather multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift" price £185, same as the brochure.

So it def is a separate option to the sports pack and both the brochure and configurator are correct.

Are you sure you chose the 1.5 DSG engine option at the beginning of the configurator, as if you chose the manual engine option then it doesn't show (which is correct as paddleshift can only be added to the DSG model)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have selected ,the 1.5 tsi 7 speed dsg,then gone into options,have selected the multifunction steerin wheel with paddle shift,gone down to sports pack,where it says on the features (second from bottom)
"Leather wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/tiptronic.
Ive clicked on sports pack and it says please config these choices to continue your configuration ,then it gives me 2choices of heated steering wheel with the paddle shift
Or remove the leather multifunction steering wheel with the paddle shifts which i had previously selected
Then it tells me to remove the standard trim and replace it with the standard trim l presume withe the red stitching.As soon
as i add that it lets me spec the sports pack.
So it must have the paddle shift included in the sports pack as stated in the features.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Indeed you are correct. I'd still verify that with the dealer though as it seems what they see on there configuration system is different to both the brochures and the online configurator that we, the public see.

For instance on the R-Line I've ordered, it says on the configurator that you can specify DCC (although it didn't at first). Yet in the brochure and on the dealer configurator, it says you can't. Likewise in the Driver Assistance Pack PLus, on the configurator and on the dealer system it says it includes rear traffic alert - yet in the brochure, no mention. So who knows what is and is not correct. The only way I'd suggest is to confirm it with your dealer and if it shows on his order but not yours, get him to write it on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts