Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new too the site I've aproblem with a squeak in my left front side it a intermittent squeak after driving for a few hours at low speed, if you press the break very slightly it stops also if you turn the wheel to the right it stops but not to the left. I've change the brake pads and discs (Brembo) also changed the brake caliper and carrier but still no joy so was wondering if any of yous have came across this thanks Adrian

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
From your observations it does indeed seem to be associated with the wheel, but your rush to replace brake pads, disc and caliper seems a bit premature given the outcome.

Sometimes a stone or other object can get trapped between the disc and the rear cover plate, but that tends to cause more of a screech than a squeak, and changing the disc would have removed any trapped object. So my next thought would be around the drive shaft, CV joint and rubber gaiter, especially as it seems to come and go with steering angle, and I would perhaps try some silicone spray at the gaiter to start with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts