Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
took mine into vw bolton and they new about the problem and changed the pads under warranty.
whether it comes back again i dont know but will be keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine does this when reversing slowly but I've had this on several different makes of cars over the years so wouldn't even say it was a problem , just a noise brake pads make when squeezing the discs .

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG
1,728 Posts
john boy said:
Mine does this when reversing slowly but I've had this on several different makes of cars over the years so wouldn't even say it was a problem , just a noise brake pads make when squeezing the discs .
Do you not find it irritating? It drove me bonkers! It's much louder outside the car too so people stare at you. I hated it and am glad it's gone!

·
Registered
109 Posts
If it gets worse maybe i'll take it in but it's not that bad at the moment , My Qashqai used to do it as well if I was on a slope and just lightly squeezed the brake sounded like the mating call of a blue whale .

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
twist said:
john boy said:
Do you not find it irritating? It drove me bonkers! It's much louder outside the car too so people stare at you. I hated it and am glad it's gone!
Think yourself lucky the EU haven't mandated that cars be fitted with the same reversing warning 'BEEP-BEEP-BEEP' that's fitted on lorries and vans above a certain size. :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you wouldn't hear the brakes mooing. Maybe the moong brakes is a VW cost cutting measure. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just think of it like that then , It's a warning that you are reversing , I might take mine back though as it's a bit unreliable and doesn't do it all the time .

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I mentioned some infrequent rear groaning noise at my 2nd service a few weeks ago, only happened a handful of times over 2 years. They replaced the rear pads under warranty without any quibble. It is a confirmed defect but it is not a mandatory service action so they will only do it if the owner reports the issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In India T Roc 2021 is launched with new rear pad design.
2020 T Roc had an old design

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have found this noise to be quite common on several cars I have owned over the years , I don't think it's a problem just the noise a pad gripping a disc makes !

·
Registered
R-Line 2020, 2.0 TSI DSG 4M, Indium Grey/Metallic black, Ordered 2/3/20, Collected 10/8/20
207 Posts
'I have found this noise to be quite common on several cars I have owned over the years , I don't think it's a problem just the noise a pad gripping a disc makes !'

Me too. Particularly noticeable after the wheels have been washed and left to dry. Happened on all my previous Golfs and this T Roc.

As long as it only happens first thing going backwards, and the car stops when i want it to, I really don't have a problem.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG
1,728 Posts
john boy said:
I have found this noise to be quite common on several cars I have owned over the years , I don't think it's a problem just the noise a pad gripping a disc makes !
Are you sure you've heard the noise we are referring to? On the T-Roc it is very, very loud.

For the price I paid for mine, I would not be putting up with it. I was lucky the dealership did not put up a fight. Perhaps for Dacia Sandero money that sort of noise might be more acceptable but not on a car costing close to £30k.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If it sounds like the mating call of a large blue whale then it is the noise I have heard and I would still say it is a normal sound of a pad gripping a disc and not what I would class a a problem , My last three qashqais all did it !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a loud whale type noise when reversing into my driveway, says on another thread it's normal if auto handbrake is being used.
I have the same problem. Vw recommend changing rear break pads unfortunately the noise came back after a few hundred miles. It's now going back to garage for another pad change and brake inspection

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have the same problem. Vw recommend changing rear break pads unfortunately the noise came back after a few hundred miles. It's now going back to garage for another pad change and brake inspection
Some others have had the rear brake discs replaced as well as the pads. I think they only changed the pads on mine and it has been OK since.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts