Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a t roc R which is a year old , I’ve been experiencing some strange problems with the steering on certain occasions .....when travelling on dual carriageway or motorways , if I change lane , or go round a slight bend , the steering acts as if it’s caught in a slight road surface rut , then suddenly gets free of it , I have two new tyres to the front , but this happened with the other tyres ...the problem is only intermittent, but certainly gives me cause for concern .

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
This sounds like 'Lane Assist' and I hate it and have turned it off permanently but I believe newer cars require it to be turned off every time you start. Also there are different settings which may help you but I'll let those who use it comment further.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds like 'Lane Assist' and I hate it and have turned it off permanently but I believe newer cars require it to be turned off every time you start. Also there are different settings which may help you but I'll let those who use it comment further.
Thank You , that’s very helpful

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wish I could turn mine off…absolutely the worst thing ever 🤦🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wish I could turn mine off…absolutely the worst thing ever 🤦🏻‍♀️
I'm sure you're aware you can but you have to turn it off everytime you start the car.
Push the button on the end of your indicator stalk, (if you have one) then toggle off with the steering wheel up/down buttons on the right hand side & select OK.
If you don't have the stalk button, use the buttons on the right of the steering wheel but you'll have to navigate through the menu.
I can't remember the sequence, just play around 🤣🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure you're aware you can but you have turn it off everytime you start the car.
Push the button on the end of your indicator stalk, (if you have one) then toggle off with the steering wheel up/down buttons on the right hand side & select OK.
If you don't have the stalk button, use the buttons on the right of the steering wheel but you'll have to navigate through the menu.
I can't remember the sequence, just play around 🤣🤷‍♂️
I’ve managed to disable now completely…. Thank you

·
Registered
552 Posts
I’ve managed to disable now completely….
Depends on how old your car is?
It's on by default now but I'm not exactly sure what model year this was introduced 🤔
Some love it some don't.

Can be turned off permanently with obdeleven.

Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Electric blue

Reactions: twist

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven’t managed to kill off mine and if I forget to do the three step trick it ‘assists’ me on the single track roads around here. The Opel corsa I hired recently had more tech than the vw you could turn it off too (it was in the eu and new) Half the price of the troc

·
Registered
243 Posts
Left steering switch pack, bottom right (looks like car with force field round it) this brings up assistance menu.
Right steering pack, OK, the middle button.

Steering assist is the top item, this turns it off, then leave alone and the screen reverts after about a minute.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Left steering switch pack, bottom right (looks like car with force field round it) this brings up assistance menu.
Right steering pack, OK, the middle button.

Steering assist is the top item, this turns it off, then leave alone and the screen reverts after about a minute.
Not sure what the differences were in the buttons in the past but some were different 🤷‍♂️

Sorry for the confusion guys 🙈

Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Font

Plant Car Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm guessing the lower switch pack was before lane keeping was included. The upper picture is when lane keeping is installed.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Probably, and the 'Mode' switch was used to select ACC speed control or speed limit.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm guessing the lower switch pack was before lane keeping was included. The upper picture is when lane keeping is installed.
Mine has the mode button & yes it toggles between ACC & speed limiter selection.
I also have lane assist/guidance 👌

Funnily enough I have a software bug whereby it gets confused when toggling between ACC & speed limiter and goes into fault & neither can be used.
Resets itself on the next start up.

I basically have to turn whatever I'm using off before I toggle 👌

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I guess they decided more people would want quick access to front assist so as to turn lane guidance off and fewer people swiching between ACC and speed limiter. Says it all.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have the button on the end of my indicator stalk which takes me on to said menu.
What's the craic with you guys 🤔🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
No buttons on any stalks apart from the rain sensor sensitivity 'wheel' for the wipers. I feel I'm missing something :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG
1,722 Posts
Yeah I’m a little confused too. I thought the button on the stalk was a feature added to newer T-Rocs but then how does VB have it if he got his car before me and Impala who don’t have it 🤔

1 - 20 of 22 Posts