Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the T-Roc has a simple button so that the Stop Start system can be disabled ?

Reason I ask is that when the dealer was showing me the menu's on the screen, I seem to remember one of them was something to do with the Start Stop system.

I was hoping that it could be disabled by a simple button rather than having to navigate the menus each time ?

My current Golf has a button and I automatically switch it off as I engage first gear and pull off my drive.
I have been doing it so long, I don't even realise I am doing it anymore !!

While on the subject, I also remember something about a second battery (under seat?) especially for the start stop, what is all that about ??

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
The second battery is used to run everything electric in the car while the engine is off by start/stop so you wont drain the main battery. It is not big and the car will restart when it is empty.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There's a second battery, really? Where can I find it?
No other stop/start car I've had has had a second battery, just a "bigger" main battery (and both lasted the full 5 years that I had the cars).

·
Registered
234 Posts
It always starts for me, I've never had to worry about it yet. But when pulling up at local traffic lights at the back of a queue I just press the clutch and put it in gear ready to go. It seems a bit daft when you know that the engine will only be stopped for seconds.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tight space parking and tight manoeuvres are the reason for the switch off button. After so many "starts" it will stop working until the battery has recharged so sometimes when you could do with it at prolonged stop periods it in charge mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts